“Gruelling hike up hill!”
Review of Manoa Falls

and up
Manoa Waterfalls Run and Hike Tour
Ranked #40 of 340 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was a long hike up hill the whole way, so worth it when you get to the top. Wear good shoes! Some mud and you have to climb up uneven stairs and over tree roots

1  Thank Erin102
Write a ReviewReviews (3,095)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"rainy day"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's a nice hike back to the falls, I would rate it as easy to moderate. It's always great to get off the beaten path and see native Hawaii in it's unspoiled beauty. You'll like this one!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I enjoyed the bamboo fores., the waterfall, the sights but the walk itself can be treacherous. The rocks are covered with slippery red mud. Wear the right shoes & carry a walking stick.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had never been so dirty in my life - both me and my hiking partner (that I met at the headtrail) fell. I had to run to the mall immediately after and bought new pants and shoes. We're both in our 20s and in group shape. The hike itself was enjoyable and the botanical varieties interesting - but then I like hiking in general. The waterfall was tiny even in a rainy and wet season. It is very accessible by bus, don't drive there. Visited in April 2009.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had to be at the airport at 11:00 am so had just enough time for a jaunt to Manoa Falls. Got there early Sunday morning (7:30 am) and started walking up the well groomed trail. Halfway up there is no more gravel on the well worn trail. Got much steeper also. By the way, I went on a day where the ground was dry; I can see that if it had recently rained, the trail would be very slippery. Your heartbeat goes up climbing this trail. A good workout. Its not that long though. Perhaps half an hour to the Falls. Surprising number of people were there before, during, and presumably after I left. You could wade in the water at the base of the Falls and get drenched in the shower but I didn't quite have enough time. Take your time walking back down the trail. Look at all the flowers and plants. Its just a nice way to pass some time.