“Great Church”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Church”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Was fortunate in spending Easter Sunday and attend mass at St. Augustine Church. First, right off the bat the church was gorgeous, the people are friendly and the priest is absolutely down to earth and a great pleasure to listen to. Loved the Hawaiian flare!

Although I enjoyed the service it would have been a better experience if I hadn't had to listen to a baby crying for 45 minutes straight. Really, I understand babies cry, I have kids, so I understand, but if I see my child is not settling down I would of walked outside and allow people who are there to attend mass the opportunity to do so without a constant baby cry. I don't understand why parents can't see that or hear that! A little consideration for the people around would have gone a long way!

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Vernon, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Very Beautiful & Welcoming”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We attended Mass here on the first Sunday of our vacation and felt very welcomed by the priest, ushers and other parishioners. The church is very open with high ceilings which resemble an upside down canoe and makes for the air to flow freely thus keeping the church comfortably cool. It is opposite Waikiki Beach close to Kapiolani Park but is tucked in behind the museum and feels like a peaceful sanctuary amidst all the hustle & bustle.

Visited February 2014
Minnesota
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 303 helpful votes
“wonderful church for celebrating Mass on Waikiki!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We were staying at a hotel very close by and could see this church from our room. We walked by to get the service schedule and were happy to see they had many options, and we went to Saturday evening Mass. The service was very nice and familiar to practicing Catholics, but done with some Hawaiian flair. The priest was energetic and the music selections were very upbeat.

It was nice to see so many people attending while we were there.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank FamilyVacationsMN
Vancouver, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Nice Sunday Service”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stopped in here to see the church and be part of the service. We are not Catholic but it was a good service. It was some sort of Hawaiian heritage service, so we got a hulu as well. Seemed to be a lot of visitors.

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, California
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Beautiful church”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a beautiful church. I went to mass here and it was interesting to see a mass in a 'Hawaiian' context. I wouldn't say it is a tourist attraction per se but it is certainly a nice place to go and share a more relaxed atmosphere at mass.

Visited September 2013