We picked this hotel because we were only going to be in Honolulu for two days before taking a cruise, and we had packed those two days with activities on Oahu. Since we weren't going to be in the room that much, and since we were going to be on a cruise the following week, we didn't really care if the hotel was on the beach or not. Hotel is close to the beach and all the fun of Waikiki, but not directly on the beach. Not a whole lot of amenities, but it was very clean. Very comfortable bed (and we needed it too what with all our activities exhausting us). There is a great diner next door that one of the tour bus operators even recommended.
This hotel was a cost effective option for us, but they really made our two day stay special and we got a lot more than we paid for! We asked for a high floor, mentioning that we wanted a great view since the trip was for our 20th anniversary. Ended up getting upgraded (without asking) to a Penthouse Suite. Two rooms with a nice kitchenette. Very large bathroom and closet. Fabulous city view with a peek of the ocean too! The hotel even had gift chocolates with an anniversary note for us. Every employee at the hotel was very nice and helpful. The bellhop even helped us put our cruise luggage tags on our bags. If we ever make it back, this hotel will be high on our list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and in close proximity to the Hawaii Convention Center. During your stay, you'll enjoy convenient guest room comforts like Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV's, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, iHome alarm clock radio, credit card laundry facilities, and a coffeemaker. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Palms Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki/Ala Moana Shuttle service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. Also includes access to the fitness center, pool and sundeck with a barbeque grill, and coffee and water service in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu