My husband and I traveled to Hawaii for our 2nd anniversary. We got a great online deal for a Partial Ocean View Lanai room at Aqua Palms. It was the best rate that I found for hotels in Waikiki on the days that we were there! We had a view of Diamond Head and the ocean. Aqua Palms Waikiki is right across the street from the Hilton Village. We were only there for 3 days at 2 nights, but I loved the location. It was about a 7-10 minute walk to the beach and it's far away enough from the night-life/commotion of luxury row and the downtown area (we got great sleep at the Aqua Palms!).
I was impressed with the service from the moment we arrived. Our flight got in from Japan around 0730 and we arrived to the hotel by 0845. Even though check-in isn't until 3pm, our room was ready and we were welcomed warmly. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, we were upgraded to a room on the penthouse floor. It was awesome getting to stay on the top floor! The view was great and the room was very quiet. The Partial Ocean View rooms are quite spacious. Upon entering, there was a little "hallway" with a closet; the bathroom had double sinks and a separate area for the toilet; then another door separated the actual bedroom (which included sleeping area, table with two chairs, small wet bar, and the lanai). The hotel provides towels and beach chairs for guests to use free of charge during their stay. They also provided great maps and recommendations for places to eat and places to visit. After our first day out, we were surprised to find an anniversary gift from hotel management -- chocolate covered macadamia nuts and a bottle of champagne! It was so thoughtful and a great touch. On Thursdays there is a manager's reception with live music, light snacks, and a signature cocktail. We really enjoyed this! It was also a nice, value-add that the hotel has. We didn't have any problem with the wifi connection -- which is always very important! It worked great!
A short 5 minute walk gets you to Hale Koa (the military hotel). The Hale Koa was booked when we were in Waikiki, but it was nice being close to it in order to use the NEX and other military amenities. We went "downtown" for eating and shopping both nights that we were in Waikiki. The walk was approximately 30 minutes, but it was an easy/pleasant walk. We could have taken the bus, but the weather was really nice and the walk is actually enjoyable. If you don't want to make the walk, there are a lot of places to eat and things to do around the hotel.
The reason that I gave a rating of "average" for cleanliness is because we noticed that the floor in our bedroom wasn't cleaned well. When we were making sure that we packed everything, my husband checked under the bed and there was an empty water bottle that wasn't ours. Also, I'm almost certain that there was a piece of cookie or some food on the floor near the table in our room, but I didn't want to touch it. I didn't complain about these small things because we didn't stay long and it wasn't enough to ruin our stay. Everything else in the room was very clean and up to par.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and in close proximity to the Hawaii Convention Center. During your stay, you'll enjoy convenient guest room comforts like Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV's, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, iHome alarm clock radio, credit card laundry facilities, and a coffeemaker. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Palms Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki/Ala Moana Shuttle service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. Also includes access to the fitness center, pool and sundeck with a barbeque grill, and coffee and water service in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu