“Very Impressed with the Service”
Review of Aqua Palms Waikiki

Aqua Palms Waikiki
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Naples, Italy
“Very Impressed with the Service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Hawaii for our 2nd anniversary. We got a great online deal for a Partial Ocean View Lanai room at Aqua Palms. It was the best rate that I found for hotels in Waikiki on the days that we were there! We had a view of Diamond Head and the ocean. Aqua Palms Waikiki is right across the street from the Hilton Village. We were only there for 3 days at 2 nights, but I loved the location. It was about a 7-10 minute walk to the beach and it's far away enough from the night-life/commotion of luxury row and the downtown area (we got great sleep at the Aqua Palms!).

I was impressed with the service from the moment we arrived. Our flight got in from Japan around 0730 and we arrived to the hotel by 0845. Even though check-in isn't until 3pm, our room was ready and we were welcomed warmly. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, we were upgraded to a room on the penthouse floor. It was awesome getting to stay on the top floor! The view was great and the room was very quiet. The Partial Ocean View rooms are quite spacious. Upon entering, there was a little "hallway" with a closet; the bathroom had double sinks and a separate area for the toilet; then another door separated the actual bedroom (which included sleeping area, table with two chairs, small wet bar, and the lanai). The hotel provides towels and beach chairs for guests to use free of charge during their stay. They also provided great maps and recommendations for places to eat and places to visit. After our first day out, we were surprised to find an anniversary gift from hotel management -- chocolate covered macadamia nuts and a bottle of champagne! It was so thoughtful and a great touch. On Thursdays there is a manager's reception with live music, light snacks, and a signature cocktail. We really enjoyed this! It was also a nice, value-add that the hotel has. We didn't have any problem with the wifi connection -- which is always very important! It worked great!

A short 5 minute walk gets you to Hale Koa (the military hotel). The Hale Koa was booked when we were in Waikiki, but it was nice being close to it in order to use the NEX and other military amenities. We went "downtown" for eating and shopping both nights that we were in Waikiki. The walk was approximately 30 minutes, but it was an easy/pleasant walk. We could have taken the bus, but the weather was really nice and the walk is actually enjoyable. If you don't want to make the walk, there are a lot of places to eat and things to do around the hotel.

The reason that I gave a rating of "average" for cleanliness is because we noticed that the floor in our bedroom wasn't cleaned well. When we were making sure that we packed everything, my husband checked under the bed and there was an empty water bottle that wasn't ours. Also, I'm almost certain that there was a piece of cookie or some food on the floor near the table in our room, but I didn't want to touch it. I didn't complain about these small things because we didn't stay long and it wasn't enough to ruin our stay. Everything else in the room was very clean and up to par.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NavyWife11
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Aloha NavyWife11:

Mahalo for taking time to write a nice and lengthy review regarding your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm delighted to hear that you were impressed with the service and staff.

Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping challenges you encountered. I will be sure to pass along this information so that it doesn't happen again.

Happy Anniversary and many more to come!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Patty Maher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Room is small but clean and comfortable. Great value for the money especially considering location and price of nearby hotels. Best part is that its quiet. For a downtown hotel I expected to hear noise but didn't. Close to many amenities and a short walk to the beach. Bonus; checkout is 12 noon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 57Storm
Aloha 57Storm:

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on a return visit.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Thankfully we only had to stay there for 2 nights. The hotel is in a desperate need of revamping. Old tiered furniture and carpet. The pool is a joke. The staff kind and professional.
Location is very good, only a block away from the beach.

• Stayed July 2013
Aloha TaitianaAbuDhabi:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

Although our rooms may be a little dated, they are clean and fresh and I would like to believe that the staff makes up for what the rooms may be lacking.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your valued patronage.

burnaby
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Spent 7 nights in this hotel from 27 Jun to 4 July. We booked for two queen beds room but we got one queen bed and sofa bed instead. We told the front desk right away and they moved us to another room the following day. The room is clean, thanks to Delia, the housekeeper. During our stay, we didn't hear any noise from the construction although our room is on the 3rd floor fronting the construction site. Great location, near to the beach, 15 minutes walk to Al Moana Center, and lots of restaurants nearby. We had 10% discount for every meal at IHOP and Wailana Cafe, just show your card key. Great smiling staff, friendly and accommodating. We will stay in this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank carolyn n
Aloha Carolyn N:

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review for us regarding your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

It is nice see that you were treated with the "True Aloha Spirit" for which we are known, especially by Delia your housekeeper.

I'm thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again!

Please be sure to introduce yourself on a return visit. I look forward to meeting you!

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2013

OK let me start with the pros....The price of this hotel is half the price of many of the others in the same area. We only stayed here for two nights. The staff is very friendly and helpful when needed. The location is very convenient to the beach, shops and most importantly...Starbucks!! However, the cons are our room was very, very small and though it was very clean it is in real need of updating. There is only one mirror in the room and it's in the bathroom and there is hardly any counterspace. The view from our balcony was a construction site. $20 per day parking seems excessive. There is a grill poolside but they both close at 10pm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura F
Aloha Laura F:

Yes, our location is very centrally located with easy access to the beach, restaurants and shops. We offer a great value in Waikiki. The parking rates for our property are comparable or less than most of the properties in Waikiki.

We do realize that the rooms are in need of updating and we will be working on a model room in the near future.

All of the staff and management hope you enjoyed your stay in Waikiki and will stay with us again on a return visit.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed 2 weeks in Aqua Palms with my wife and daughter. Here is my review

Room: at first we had a room without balcony, I called reception and they took care of it immediately. The room itself is all right. Not too big, but all right. The view is not fantastic but hey, this is Honolulu!

Internet: Pretty bad. You do get wifi in your room, but if you need to update pictures and stuff, you need to go downstairs and use the wifi from the reception, which is a pain because you need to ask a code each time. The first day it did worked but not the second, the reception sent an IT guy in my room, and he confessed to me that there is only one modem for the whole building, explaining the slow internet.

Parking; 20 dollars a day, no discount if you stay 2 weeks which is really disappointing. The good thing is the parking is inside the building so you can park your car and take the lift directly to your floor!

Location: very close to all major Waikikii attractions

Pool: Seriously who would go to the pool in Hawaii! Go to the beach ;) We never tried it so I can't say anything, except it looks very small!

All in all, an all right hotel!

Room Tip: ask a room with a balcony, it is a must!
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KatetSeb
Aloha KatetSeb:

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm disappointed to hear that you had trouble with the Wi-Fi in the room. In reference to there only being one modem in the building that is incorrect information. There are several modems on each floor.

We are a great location with easy access to restaurants and shops.

All of the staff and management hope you and your family took home fond memories of your stay in Waikiki and will afford us another opportunity to serve you.

Eagle Point, Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through a third party travel web-site. I was told that it came with breakfast, it did NOT. I had four adults in one room, was given the wrong room type, only enough towels for three, (had to ask for more towels every day) I had to wait 45 minutes for a roll of toilet tissue. Never mind calling the front desk for help, they don't answer the phone. Best to just go down and speak with them. The room was very clean, and it had a very nice balcony. The traffic was loud though so not too relaxing out there. I will not stay here again. This experience was not so nice for me and my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Aloha Lois G:

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.!

I'm disappointed to hear of the challenges you encountered during your stay. Our service and guest relations are one of most spoke about assets of the property and I'm sorry that we did not live up to your expectations.

All of the staff and management hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your valued patronage. For a return visit, please contact me directly and I will be sure that you are well taken care of.