“Good location, great value”
Review of Aqua Palms Waikiki

Aqua Palms Waikiki
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Aqua Palms while attending a convention, and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting something a bit more rustic, based on the price, but the rooms were very clean and nice. There was a bit of a musty smell in the hallway when I first arrived, but not in the rooms. I had an upper level floor, with a partial ocean and Diamondhead view room with a balcony. the view was nice, and the balcony big enough for a small table and chairs, perfect for having a morning cup of coffee! The bed was very comfy, and with earplugs (I always travel with them) the street noise was not a problem at all. I did not notice any construction noise in the area. The room had a large, flat screen tv, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Food in town is expensive, so being able to reheat leftovers or get something from the little nearby market helped stretch the food budget. There is plug-in internet in the rooms, and free wi-fi in the lobby, but they are working on having wi-fi in the rooms soon. The staff was very nice and helpful, and they have a concierge to help arrange tours and transportation. I would have no problem staying there again in the future, as it is within walking distance to the convention center and the mall, and was clean and well run. If you are not looking for a fancy expensive resort but still want a decent hotel, then the Aqua Palms is worth looking into.

Room Tip: The street-side rooms with the Diamondhead and partial ocean views are worth the minor street noise...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Maizegirl
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Aloha maizegirl:

Mahalo for choosing the Aqua Palms at Waikiki and sharing your experience.

We are very conveniently located near the convention center and hope you enjoyed your conference.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The people working here were very nice. The bed was very comfortable and the the TV was BIG. A complimentary breakfast is available every morning next door. The place was awesome!! What more would a guy want?

Room Tip: If your looking for a great deal this is it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scuddrunner

Aloha scuddrunner:

I'm delighted that you had a AWESOME stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

It is great to hear that you were treated with the true aloha spirit for which we are known.

You are correct that there is complimentary breakfast next door at IHOP when booking certain packages.

All of the staff and management hope you and your wife were able to take home fond memories of your stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki and will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

we stayed at the aqua palms again this time for my sons birthday. The staff was friendly especially venus at the front desk and the cleaning lady that was also named venus . We had a room on the 9th floor so that was good because we didn't hear all the noise from the traffic. we were there for 8 days only problem I had was that the room we had was kind of small for 4 people it had to queen beds in it and a small table and desk . And there was some construction going on across from the hotel but we didn't even know about it until the 5th day because we left the room at about 6:30 everyday but the day we slept past 7:00 we could hear all this loud construction noise so we didn't like that very much but that was the only day we were bothered by it because we were up with the sun other than that it was a very good stay. Its within walking distance to the beach( less than 2 blocks) and there is a trolley stop right out the front door everything is close by so you don't need a rental car unless you want to go to the north shore which we did get one but only for 2 days so we could see the whole island and not just whats in Waikiki which I recommend doing but you don't need a car the whole time and plus parking is 20 dollars a day .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ashley m

Aloha Ashley M:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

From your lead in comments, it sounds like you have stayed with us before. It is always a delight to hear that our guests keep coming back.

We hope your son enjoyed his birthday vacation and that he will have many more happy ones to come!

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is located in a nice section of Waikiki, right across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. I booked the room several months early and got a very good rate for Waikiki. The thing about Oahu is that there are not many hotels that are outside of Waikiki except for very large expensive resorts. All I want in a hotel room is that it is clean, safe, relatively inexpensive, and easy to get into and out of. This hotel met all the criteria. Parking is $20 at the hotel and I never had trouble finding a space. The wired internet in the room was very fast and reliable. The room included good working A/C, a mini fridge, and a microwave. Overall, the hotel is getting a bit old but the management is responsive and responsible, and the rooms are well maintained and clean. The only complaint I had about my stay (and this is not the fault of the hotel) is that there was construction going on below my room, which was on the "city side" of the hotel rather than the side facing the ocean. A pile driver and construction noise started at 7AM every day and went on until 5PM. Luckily I am not sensitive to noise but this would have driven most people crazy. The other problem I encountered was that the hotel messed up my reservation and sent me several emails that my stay had been cancelled. I had to call the hotel about six times over six months to re-confirm and explain the situation (I had booked originally through booking.com but then cancelled that reservation and booked directly; somehow the hotel got confused). The hotel manager(s) took care of this problem but it did cause some worry. I was on the 11th floor, I was told that the larger rooms had a sofa (I asked for a larger room); there was a bit of wait for the elevators sometimes but not a big problem, and the room was fine.

Room Tip: Until the construction ends, ask for a room facing the ocean rather than the construction site. The...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Norb W

Aloha Norb W:

What a nice long lengthy review. Mahalo for sharing!

Please accept my apologies for the confusion on your reservation. I'm happy to hear that it was finally resolved.

All of the staff and management look forward to serving you again on a return visit!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at the Aqua Palms as part of our Allegiant vacation. It is a nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. The pool is on the small side and the water temp is cool which is refreshing during the day. Our room, 11th floor, had a great view the only drawback was 1 queen bed and 1 queen sofa bed, there should be 2 queen beds for better comfort for a family. There was no wi-fi in the rooms which I couldn't believe, all hotels have free wi-fi. If you have a tablet or mobile device, you could use free wi-fi in the lobby. They also have computers for use but you have to pay.

Parking is $20/night . All in all very good hotel, with good location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John H

Aloha HudJoh:

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm pleased to say that we are currently in the process of installing wi-fi service in all of our rooms and it will be complimentary for our guests. We hope to have this installation complete by the end of April.

All of the staff and management hope you enjoyed your stay with us and will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I just spent a week in a suite in the Aqua Palms.

This is a great hotel with great service.
The room I had was clean and orderly, the staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful and the location is a central mix between walking distance to downtown locations like the palace and to Waikiki beach or Honolulu Zoo.

The only negative I really experienced was the lack of wifi in rooms. However, there was a LAN line available for Internet if I had a laptop available. The reason I list this as a negative is that I clearly was not the only one with the problem, as the hotel lobby was constantly filled with guests using the Internet. It affected the speed and privacy of messages and calls.

All in all, great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Brad C
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Aloha Brad C.

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm happy to say that your only negative comment will soon be a positive. We are currently in the process of installing WiFi in all the rooms and hope to be up and running in the next two weeks.

All of the staff and management are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Depending on the price you pay, this hotel will be acceptable or a bit expensive.
We paid 140 euros a night without breakfast and this is defintely too expensive even the room was clean, the personel friendly and a WIFI connection in the LOBBY only for free.
The location is nearby the beach but the swimming pool is tiny and the water so cold due to the fact that located in the shadow most of the time.
So nothing exceptional - just a basic place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yanspace

Aloha yanspace:

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Aqua Palms.

I'm disappointed to hear that you felt we were too expensive and just an average hotel.

In the coming year we are working on many improvements to the property to include the lobby, hallway carpets and room upgrades. In the next two weeks, we will also have free WiFi in the rooms.

I hope hearing about these upgrades will help you reconsider staying with us again!