“Waikiki Bargain”
Review of Aqua Palms Waikiki

Aqua Palms Waikiki
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked this hotel based on good reviews and was not disappointed. It's across the street from Hilton Hawaiian Village and a short walk to Waikiki beach. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the bathroom had been updated with tile and granite. The staff is super friendly and helpful. They have beach towels and chairs to loan at the front desk. The pool is basic but with a world class beach nearby who cares. It was good for a refreshing swim before dinner.

Check out the 24 hour Wailana Coffee House on the corner. It's a full service restaurant which gives 10% off the already reasonable prices to Aqua Palms guests.

Room Tip: Rooms that face Ala Moana Blvd have a lot of street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DenBusdriver
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Aloha DenBusdriver:

Mahalo for you review!

I'm delighted that previous reviews are what helped you select our property!

All of the staff and management of the Aqua Palms are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again on a return visit!

Patty Maher

Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I flew over from Maui to attend a wedding and made a little weekend of it. I got a great deal at the Aqua Palms through my work, and figured it'd be a run-of-the-mill Waikiki budget hotel. Boy, was I wrong! We had a HUGE room, with a luxurious king-size bed that I did NOT want to leave. Not to mention, it's within walking distance to EVERYTHING-- we burned off our Ihop breakfast with a brief stroll to Ala Moana. The entire staff was friendly, and the room was completely spotless, bright, and charming.

The search for my go-to Oahu hotel has ended!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank DoctorMuscleman

Aloha Doctormuscleman:

WOW, what a great review!

I'm delighted to hear that we are now your go to property in Waikiki!

Please be sure to contact me directly for your next visit so that we can be sure to keep you coming back!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a Defense Contractor and travel extensively for business. I find myself in Hawaii every couple of years and usually my trips are planned in advance so that I am in a Hilton property where I have Diamond status. This trip came up at the last minute and there were no Hilton properties available at the Government rate which I qualify for. With all of that being said I was booked into the Aqua Palms which is not affiliated with any points system that I am a member of. None of this is the Aqua Palms fault.

The staff was pleasant and professional. Check in and out was breeze. Parking was $20 per day and convenient; the spaces are tight so you are better off with a small car, but full size will fit.

The room I was given (1010) was spacious and had a good view of the Hilton Hawaiian Village property and probably had one of the better ocean views available here, but its still a partial view. The furnishings had seen better days, but were not bad. The bed & pillows were very comfortable. The LCD TV was fine and the free internet access was adequate. The AC worked very well also which is important to me.

The rate I was given was actually lower than the Gov't rate and reflects that this property is geared more for the discount Hawaii tourist. The location is very good for Trolley and bus service and it is s short walk or ride to the huge Ala Moana Shopping Mall.

I am a spoiled business traveler, but after I got over the fact that I was not getting my usual perks I found that I really enjoyed being here. You get 10% discount at the iHop on the ground floor next to the lobby and a short 1 minute walk down to the corner will find you at the Wailana 24 Hour Coffee Shop and Lounge where you also receive a 10% discount on food with your room key. The lounge offers Karaoke and is where the local condo dwellers congregate. I was here for three weeks and got to know a few of them. You cannot beat the prices and value at the Wailana. If I found out that I had to stay here again I would have no problem.

Room Tip: Room 1010 had about as good of a view as you will probably find at this property. Make sure to chec...
1  Thank mstud21

Aloha mstud21:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm pleased to see that you were able to enjoy your stay even though we don't have the perks of the Diamond Club at the Hilton.

As you mentioned our location is very central and has easy access to all areas of the island.

All of the staff and managment of the Aqua Palms hope you enjoyed your stay in Waikiki and will afford us another opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This wasnt the most elegant of hotels by far, but it was convenient, clean and relatively quiet. I had a partial view. When I first checked in I was early and they sent me to a room that had the partial view, but no balcony. So I went back down and asked for a balcony room. I had to wait a bit but they sorted it out and over the course of my stay I was glad that I had pressed the issue.
The partial view was nice even though it had big buildings in the middle of the views! The biggest problem is that the street below is very busy so I found myself keeping the door shut to keep the noise level down. The bathroom was small but the bed was comfortable and staff was very nice. We did go to the manager's evening reception with music and drinks and it was fun. The location is great; within walking distance of the beach and all that there is at the Hilton across the street as well as walking distance to the convention center, which was my purpose for being there.

Room Tip: The partial view rooms are nice, but noisy as they face the street.
1  Thank MelindaN
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Aloha MelindaN:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm delighted to see that we were able to make the change so that you could have a full balcony/lanai during your stay.

It is great to see that you were able to join us for our Weekly Manager's Reception that is held every week.

All of the staff and management hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you are looking for a huge full service resort then do no go here, you will not be happy. But if you want clean rooms, great service, nice decor and good proximity to the mall and beach, stay here. Its a close walk to the Hilton lagoon and beach there. but for the shallow popular waikiki beach it is a little jaunt, but who cares, its hawaii! And this is an easy walk to ala moana mall which is huge and a great food court. we loved this hotel. pool is kinda pathetic but come on, the ocean is right there! the exercise room is small but has all you need for vacation workouts.

Room Tip: higher floors were quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha ChristopherandJenn:

Mahalo for your review! Yes, we are not a full service resort but as you said, we do have everything you need!

All of the staff and management are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will afford us another opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great place to stay for the money! Close access to the beach, Waikiki strip, and Ala Moana Mall and Ala Moana Park. Convenient parking, refrigerator and microwave in the room so you don't have to spend a fortune on eating out if you don't want to. I have stayed at this hotel 6 times in the last 3 years for work and pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a great view of Hilton Hawaiian Village and the ocean if you get a room...

Aloha Richard L:

Six times in the last three years, that is AWESOME!

We must be doing something right if you keep coming back!

Please be sure to contact me on your return visit, we want to make sure we take good care of you!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you don't need a fancy lobby and room service this is a great place to stay in Waikiki. It's at the beginning of "The Strip" closer to the Ala Moana side and right across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village complex. The front desk is nice, and I feel safe there because there is always either security or someone at the front desk. There's an IHOP downstairs and a 24 hr coffee shop on the corner. The rooms are clean and have big scren TVs and mini refrigerators and microwaves. All you really need in my opinion! The pool is small but with the beach just a 5 min walk away (go through the Hilton lobby, past the pool and there it is! Nice beach to watch sunset). There's also free local calls. There is a bus stop right outside so it you are patient, you don't even need to rent a car. Oh, one thing about parking there. The parking fee is $25/night and the turn into their driveway is easy to miss off of Ala Moana Blvd.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Aloha Pintofish:

You described our location and surrounding areas perfectly!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on a return visit!

Gneral Manager