Sold blind to us by a European travel agent, some of the online reviews we found were less than complimentary and we were a tad concerned what would be waiting for us after a 22 hour journey. As soon as we arrived, tired and not a little crabby after flying 7500 miles, our hearts lifted and stayed pretty much aloft for the whole week we were there!
The whole experience at Aqua Palms was brilliant. It was spotless and kept that way by an attentive staff, each of whom we encountered was courteous and helpful to a fault. Our room was on the 8th floor with a city view and we were only disappointed in that we didn't have a 'proper' balcony on which to sit. Our bed was out of this world and the bedding wonderful and changed regularly during our stay and a nice array of shampoos, conditioner, body lotion etc. was replaced daily.
Downside? Observations rather than complaints: the three lifts were hard pressed to cope at peak times, the lobby and public seating area is so much smaller than the webside leads you to believe and a bar would have been a welcome feature. Nitpicking? The toilet roll quality was poor - I would take my own next time and the archaic in-room ethernet internet links came as a great shock! Even in relative backwaters like Greece and Turkey we have enjoyed wi-fi but here it was only availble in the lobby. A bit of a pain.
Overall? Take me back tomorrow. The plus points outweigh the negatives in a big way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and in close proximity to the Hawaii Convention Center. During your stay, you'll enjoy guestroom comforts like Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV's, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffeemaker. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Palms Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy the fitness center, pool and sundeck with a barbeque grill, and coffee and water service in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu