“My Favourite Place EVER!!!”

Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: For the past 29 years, Island residents and tourists alike have flocked to the Shore Bird, making it one of Waikiki's most venerated institutions. It's the thrill of the grill that has captured guests imaginations and appetites for more than two decades. Shore Bird is not just a place to eat. Shore Bird is an experience where all guests have a lot of fun! Servers interact with our guests and not just serve them. The over all concept is "Aloha". Guests are responsible for for grilling their own dinner entrees but they don't have to be master barbecurers. An experienced grill hand and a large clock help make the process easy. Here's how it works: Steaks and seafood come to the table fresh on a platter with instructions. Guest are able to season and then prepare their entree exactly to their liking . All entrees include the salad bar, which showcases more than 25 items, such as fresh greens, garnishes, fruits, tako poke, rice, bread and pasta.
A TripAdvisor Member
“My Favourite Place EVER!!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2006

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and stumbled accross the Shore Bird on our first night, My new husband has no idea how to cook and was a little scared about using the big grill!! The staff were excellent, showing us how to use it (not that its hard!!) service was fantastic. I'm addicted to salad bars.. so this place way for me. Love the atmosphere and open air feel. We went back there on our last night too, it was by far our favourite place to eat in Hawaii.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ontario
“Fun time, not so good if you can't BBQ”
Reviewed December 20, 2005

My boyfriend and I decided to eat here while walking by, casual place but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. We didn't realize until we got in that you grilled your own food! We are always up for a challenge, so tried it. I actaully got the Chefs special, which was Mahi mahi with a ginger pesto and mushrooms, which was cooked in foil - I had the easly one. My boyfriend got the Ahi. Now they said that there would be someone there to help you if you needed, and there was a guy there origionally but he disapeared whenever anyone really needed him. They tell you how long it should take to cook your meat, but our waitress said that she would check on us. She did, but right after we had put our food on. Its when to take it off that is the trick. The Ahi was overcooked, and mine slightly undercooked when I first opened the foil - might have been prevented if the chef guy was around to help like he was supposed to be. Anyways, mine turned out great in the end and was one of teh best meals I had while in Hawaii. The Ahi was not as good, but alright. So if you think that you might have alot of trouble cooking your own food, its not the place for you. But it is very resonably price - and I had the best cocktail of my trip here - a Guava daiquiri!!! Try if and you won't regret it!

4 Thank biogirl
Dallas
“Loved the Shorebird”
Reviewed November 10, 2005

Loved the Shore Bird Restaurant! Great breakfast, lunch and dinners -- we tried them all. The breakfast buffet was a great value -- filled you up and had a good selection. Lunch was relaxing, they offered a buffet or you could order off the menu, both were a great value. Dinner was fun -- again you could order the buffet or grill your own steak or chicken. We are a family of four and my kids loved it. They always had music during dinner, which was fun. The resturant is right on the beach, amazing views.

6 Thank Chloe7122
Portland, OR
“Great place for a drink”
Reviewed October 20, 2005

Great place to stop for a drink when walking down the beach. Great view, the bar is right on the beach.

1 Thank PDXChick
San Bruno, California, USA
“Great Bar”
Reviewed September 11, 2005

I love the Shorebird bar. I missed the dance floor they once had:-(

1 Thank czbozo