“great seafood delights”
Review of Hula Grill Waikiki

Hula Grill Waikiki
Reserve with OpenTable
Hula Grill Waikiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cross street: Seaside
Sydney, Australia
“great seafood delights”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It was our last night in Hawaii so we were advised to go to Hula's, it took 20 minutes but I wanted a able overlooking the beach. Not tot be disappointed of the beautiful dotted lamp lights stringing along the beach to Diamond Head was unforgettable.
I had the seafood which was fish topped by scallops and prawns, it was delicious, my friend had just fish ,it was also excellent.
It of course was not cheap but we did not expect that in such an atmosphere. The waiter was very knowleable on the menu.
We had a great last night topped off by a few gin and tonics at Dukes famous bar next door.

1 Thank amandav1717

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami
“Fabulous Meal and Great Service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

How often do you remember a waiter's name? Well, we will never forget Kyle at the Hula Grill Waikiki or the amazing service we received as we celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary and ate there for the first time. This is our fourth visit to Oahu, and I have to say Hula Grill is far superior to Duke's located directly below. It's in the Outrigger hotel and we had made a reservation a couple of months in advance and advised them that it was a special occasion. We all had great steaks with delicious side dishes, the food was nice and hot and the service spectacular. The location is wonderful, right on Waikiki, tiki torches, great sunset, it doesn't get much better. It's not inexpensive but it's in line with all the other similarly priced restaurants on the water. Location, location, location! We also were presented with a beautiful complimentary dessert which congratulated us on our anniversary. Kyle was so good that we waited after our meal for 15 minutes to tell the manager what a great experience we had enjoyed. Loved it and can't wait to go back. Hula Grill in Maui is also very good.

2 Thank mwooduk
Kennesaw, Georgia
“First Fist Taco's....WOW!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were looking for a place to just chill and have some drinks and light fare. We sat in the bar area, which has an expanded menu over the restaurant area. I was feeling adventurous so I ordered the Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos (my first time for fish taco's). All I can say is WOW. They were incredible. My wife loved the LavaFlow as well and said it was the best in Waikiki. The atmosphere was fun, without being so loud that one cannot carry on a conversation. We would recommend this place for anyone in Waikiki.

1 Thank SummitMac
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but need more options at dinner.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast was good tried to go there for my birthday on May 28th but could'nt cause all they had was seafood and steak.

Blackwood, New Jersey
“Would love to come back again!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were actually late for our reservation because it was impossible to find. I called the restaurant to check if we could still make it but she said she would have to cancel the reservation. When we finally got there, they definitely surprised us. We went up to the podium and my boyfriend had mentioned that we actually had a reservation but we apologize for being so late and had to cancel. By the story, one of the hostesses remembered the call and actually held a table for us! I was hoping for a balcony seating but I was happy enough that they kept a table open for us with even a bit of a view. The drinks were excellent as well as the food. The service was even better. Definitely recommended!