“Best pancakes EVER!!”
Review of Hula Grill Waikiki

Hula Grill Waikiki
Reserve with OpenTable
Hula Grill Waikiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,492 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Seaside
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Mmmmm just thinking about the pineapple coconut pancakes with coconut syrup makes my mouth water!!!!
By far the BEST place to go for pancakes!!!!! LOTS of creamed butter piled on top, yummy pineapple chunks and coconut....sigh....I want some right now!
Be sure to get there early enough so you can sit on the Lani, the view is awesome!!!!
Great coffee too!!!!

1  Thank LorFos
Lindsay A, Manager at Hula Grill Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Mmmmm! Your wonderful review is making me hungry! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your breakfast experience at Hula Grill Waikiki. We hope that you come visit us on your next trip to Hawaii from Canada!

Twitter @hulagrillwaiks

Write a ReviewReviews (3,301)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We made a reservation and specifically asked to be seated at the railing so we could enjoy the beautiful fiew. When we arrived, we had to wait briefly, but they honored our request. The restaurant had a nice wine selection. I had a wonderful fish at another restaurant and the waitress said that it had been their special the night before. I really wanted that fish macadamia crusted, and she talked to the chef who prepared it specially for me - yum! Loved it!! I would absolutely return to this restaurant.

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about your dining experience at Hula Grill Waikiki. We strive to provide our guests with excellent service and we sincerely appreciate you letting us know how helpful and accommodating your server was that evening. We hope that you come visit us on your next trip to Hawaii from Minnesota!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked a reservation for the "Sunset special". It was very touristy and we felt that it was a bit of a "bait and switch". We had to ask (twice) for the special menu and the waiter really tried to discourage us from ordering from the special menu, telling us that the portions were small. Two of our party ordered off the special menu and 2 from the regular menu. Portions were fine with the special and food was okay, not spectacular. Restaurant was noisy.

I am so sorry for your recent disappointing experience at Hula Grill Waikiki. We have recently updated the Sunset Special menu to the Chef's Tasting Menu, to better describe the portion size of the taster menu. We in no way want you to feel like there was a bait and switch. I really appreciate the time you have taken to inform us on this matter and I can assure you that we have taken steps to improve on our mistake.

We do hope that you will visit Hula Grill again on your next trip to Honolulu and give us the opportunity to replace your disappointing experience with a positive one. Please contact me directly at 808-923-4852 or email me directly at Marketing@Hulagrill.com. We’re sincerely interested in changing your feelings about Hula Grill!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

OMGosh! This place was so-o-o good! I had fish & chips & I have to say it was the best fish I've ever had. Totally awesome! They had a special dessert that was chocolate w/oreo crust & chocolate syrup... & it was heavenly! (don't think they offer it all of the time, tho') :( I also had a drink called Pa'ina Punch, which was delicious! I'm not a big drinker & I don't like a strong alcohol taste so this one was perfect! It was sweet & fruity & just really, really good. We sat at a table in the bar area that was close to the musicians & hula dancer & that was pretty cool. We had planned on eating at a different restaurant that evening but it had over an hour wait time, so we went on a search, found this one & got right in. It's not visible from the street or I'm sure it would be alot busier. In fact, we were checking the wait time @ Dukes, which was over an hour & the hostess there told us about it. (It's upstairs from Dukes). The staff were all very friendly & eager to please! If we ever go back to Waikiki, we'll definitely visit this place again.

Mahalo for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about your dining experience at Hula Grill Waikiki. We strive to provide our guests with excellent food and we sincerely appreciate you letting others know about the positive experience you had. The Kimo's Famous Hula Pie is my favorite dessert too! We hope that you come visit us on your next trip to Hawaii!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant is just upstairs from world famous 'Dukes' and has the same wonderful view of Waikiki Beach. The food is very good and the service is excellent.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about your experience at Hula Grill Waikiki. We hope that you come visit us on your next trip to Hawaii!