“Excellent”

Waikiki Resort Hotel
Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here for a week with my partner. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The location is great and the rooms are comfortable and modern. Would definitely here again.

The breakfast downstairs was average but did the trick when rushing out in the mornings.

Highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank rmt1
There are newer reviews for Waikiki Resort Hotel

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I Stayed at this hotel with a friend in a City View Room. Our room was pretty much opposite the lifts. I cringed at the time remembering other reviews about the lift noise. However it did not disturb us. Yes you will hear street noise but I don't think it matters what floor you stay on. We stayed on floor 14 and could still hear it. But this shouldn't be an issue as you don't come to Waikiki to sleep all day :).

Okay the Room. Its basic and average. It does have an old feel to it and despite the hotel apparently having undergone a renovation the only new thing in the room was the TV. An annoying thing was that there was only one mirror in the bathroom, difficult when your trying to get ready at the same time. However the room was clean and suited us as we weren't looking for anything fancy.

The pool was small so I didn't even bother to use it.

The location was great. Its a few minutes walk to Kuhio beach. Its situated not far from Kalakaua Ave & Kuhio Ave where the stores/dinning options and nightlife are.

The is free WiFi in the lobby which is actually an open air Lobby which I actually loved. It felt welcoming.

I would definitely stay here again for the location and price

Room Tip: Free WiFi in Lobby
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Izza
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights early August 2013. The location was handy and staff were very courteous and helpful. Sadly, however this hotel needs a good makeover. Everything is old. Our room was reasonably clean but the old fittings and fixtures were a bit off-putting. The power socket in the bathroom was loose and partly detached from the wall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greathawks
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a very standard 3 star hotel with comfy beds and good service. Best point is location--- worst is the pool -it is a good size , but looks onto the back of other building's, so not a great place to sit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cathhhhhh
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Firstly, the front desk deducted the entire room charge from the credit card I gave on check-in when they were supposedly taking only the $100 holding fee.

Then on check-out they proceeded to charge my other credit card with the full amount again, thus paying twice.

Fortunately I checked my bank records before I left and queried it with the front desk. Unfortunately they had "no record of the double charge" and refused to refund me.

So I am now out of pocket due to their incompetency and forced to reclaim the money through my bank.

My advice: check your receipts!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Annanicolaj
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights, and were very happy with our choice of Waikiki hotel. Being our first trip to Hawaii I researched hotels on Trip Advisor and decided upon the Waikiki Resort Hotel.

The rooms are a little old, but spotlessly clean and spacious. Free wifi in the lobby and 2 restaurants (although we did not dine at either during our stay).

Would definitely consider staying here again if we ever return to Hawaii.

Room Tip: We paid for a partial ocean view room, and could see a small bit of the ocean, but to be honest we d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emily P
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was a little worried about our accommodations because room ratings in Waikiki can range drastically. The last 3 star hotel I stayed in there was not that great but this was a wonderful surprise. When we arrived late in the evening I was worried that we would be stuck with the worst room being so late but we were so excited to find we had been upgraded to a mini suite!!! The rooms are beautiful and the staff is wonderful. Everyone was so helpful and quick to serve. I needed extra pillows and they were at the door in 5 minutes. I needed my room safe reset and they were at the door in 3 minutes. It was amazing!!! I just can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. If we get the chance to return we will most definitely stay here again. The location is the very best as well.

Room Tip: Would recommend to spend the few extra dollars to be in the mid to upper floors of the hotel. It do...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family