“Great location! Great staff!”

Waikiki Resort Hotel
Ranked #44 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Loved this hotel! The staff was very helpful and went the extra mile. The housekeeping staff and very friendly and efficient. This hotel has all the amenties you need: restaurants,lounge, pool, store, lobby wi fi, and underground parking.
The location is great. Steps from the beach, close to restaurants, shopping etc.
This resort is the best value! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: upgrade to 1 bedroom penthouse, spacious with kitchenette and great balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank karen r

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel was great and suited our needs so much. We have been to Hawaii 9 times now from Sydney and I have tried different hotels looking for the right one for us. Well I have found it!!!
This hotel is nestled in a quite part of Waikiki away from the noise and hustle. The most important aspect of a hotel for me is that it is quiet and peaceful and this was. It is still so close to everything so you get the perks without the cons. Yes the rooms are a little old fashioned but I would have to say I am not sure I like all these modern decor trends Hawaii is going for I love walking into my hotel room and seeing the big tropical prints of Hawaii on the linens. That said they could use some updated ones. I love the open reception area and I found the staff helpful. We stayed the last time with my parents and 3 children, my youngest child still had a bottle at the time so the fact that there was not a microwave could have been a problem but housekeeping very kindly allowed us to warm our daughters bottle each night in there microwave. All in all everything suited us. I LOVE Waikiki and I will be returning this November to my new home away from home at the Waikiki Resort.

Room Tip: We travelled June 2011 but I couldnt enter the date!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank nicbegel
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Third Time Still just as Charming - August 2012
Aloha!
We recently returned from our third stay at the Waikiki Resort Hotel and I am writing again to say what a wonderful time we had. This time we spent a full week enjoying our room, the ocean and mountain views, the incredible location in the heart of Waikiki just half a block from the beach and the sincere hospitality of the hotel and staff. Another couple joined us on this trip and they, too, had a terrific time and loved the comfort and amenities of their room as well as the impressive views.
Most mornings we got up early and went for a brisk walk along the beach-walk passing by the Aquarium and the Zoo before returning to the Ilima Restaurant downstairs at the Waikiki Resort Hotel for a buffet breakfast. The food at Ilima was excellent, as was the table service. The restaurant staff is very friendly and attentive. I am watching what I eat these days so I avoided the breakfast meats and the pastries and muffins but there were plenty of other healthy choices available. I definitely got my fill of great tasting fruit each morning. The melon and the pineapple were consistently excellent. We also dined twice at the Seoul Jung Korean Restaurant on the second floor of the hotel. The food was so good the first evening that we ate there that we had to go again two nights later. The mouth-watering Gal Bi ribs were unbelievably good. I had those on both nights and I will return for those ribs again in the future.
With all of the trips we made up to our room and back down to ground level over the week I noticed how convenient the elevators were to take. We never seemed to have a long wait for an elevator which isn't always the case in high rise buildings. You'd push the button and just moments later the elevator would arrive. A small thing I guess but it made for more more enjoyable, frustration-free experience.
One thing different on this trip was that we did not have a car the entire week so we learned about the bus system and the trolleys, which were actually quite convenient. Plus it was nice having someone else drive while navigating busy Waikiki. We managed to get to Ala Moana Shopping Center, Pearl Harbor to see the memorial and exhibits (the Missouri Battleship was awesome and inspiring), and even Hilo Hatties with relative ease. Another day we walked to the near-by Diamond Head Recreational Area and watched the windsurfers with their colorful sails riding the waves in and then letting the powerful winds carry them back out past the waves to do it again. This is near the historic lighthouse and many of the homes in the area are quite stunning. From there we could see the “ant-sized” people up on top of the Diamond Head crater rim, which is a great hike that we made the last time we stayed at the Waikiki Resort Hotel.
Wow, the week went by so fast – that is my only “complaint” for this trip.
We love staying at this Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming upon our arrival. They were helpful with questions and quick to respond to requests we had throughout stay. We had a mountain view room with 2 double beds on the 16th floor. The rooms were a bit small, but that didn't bother me too much as I didn't spend much time in my room anyway other than to shower or sleep. The bed was okay and the room was fairly clean. I did notice that there were lots of sirens throughout the night. I would not want to stay on a lower level floor because I would imagine the noise would make it even more difficult to sleep. The location of the hotel was what I liked most. We were 1 block from McDonald's (where we ate breakfast every a.m.) and beach. Also, quite close to International Marketplace (about 3 blocks away, which was good that we were far enough away from noise at night but close walk for shopping) and Duke's restaurant (where we went nightly for our favorite... Hula pie). The only recommendation I would have for the room was that it could use a microwave and a second mirror. Having another mirror in the bedroom area would have made it a bit easier for all 3 of us to get ready at the same time because the one in the bathroom area was barely large enough for two. Anyway, overall it was a good hotel for the price we paid and I will book again if we return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Waikiki Resort for the second time last November. The rooms are very comfortable and the Staff are friendly and helpful. The location is close to the beach and a great variety of restaurants and shops. The Staff at Reception and Bell Desk were particularly helpful to assist us in finding our way around this great holiday venue to the extent that we hope to return for our third "annual" holiday this year.

The Staff at the Bell Desk greeted us warmly and frequently arranged shuttle bus services when required.

We happily recommend Waikiki Resort Hotel to anyone looking for comfort and convenience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Les H
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We just got home, from a weeks stay, at the Waikiki Resort Hotel, our home away from home! We live in Hilo, so when we go to Oahu, we chose to stay at this great Hotel! The staff is so friendly, even our cleaning lady, the people in both restaurants, and the front desk, and yes, even the General Manager, Glenn Vergara, take care of our every needs. We were fortunate to stay in a suite this trip, actually, it is room 1808, which has totally been remodeled, and the bathroom is handi capped, which is so useful, for a 80 year old, like I am! We were on the Island, this trip, for medical reasons, and everyone kept asking how I was doing!! The Hotel is the best place to stay, if you are going to be on Oahu!! The art photos, in the elevator, are taken and done by the General Manager, we found out, and are so beautiful. We saw many improvements that have been done, since our last stay there. Feel free to ask me any questions, regarding this great find, in hotels!! Aloha, Evonne

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank EvonneHilo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

On our fourth and possibly final visit to Hawaii we decided to stay at Waikiki Resorts a second time. The hotel is only a short block to the beach. The rooms are clean. The staff is friendly. The rooms have a safe, hair dryer, coffee machine with coffee provided daily, a small fridge and newer tv. There is free Wi Fi in the lobby. There is also a nice pool. We were not disappointed that we picked Waikiki Resort for our last visit. ( We also like the green beach towels but wished they were still in the lobby.) Thank you for keeping up your great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family