“Fun Day”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun Day”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a great day picked up from hotel with Jenner our guide and from then on he day only got better. The guys on the boat are really helpful and go out of their way to help you. The water is clear and clean, and the number of turtles you get to see are just fantastic. You get lunch provided and if you want to buy a beer you can and it's not over priced. I also loved the fact that they have 2 boats and the people who don't need interpreter's go on one boat and the others go on the other boat, you are not held up listening to different languages and can just get on with your day. I would go on this again and would recommend anyone else to do the same.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank toots23

“Coolest crew”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Meet the hottest chick Lelannie she was awsome will go back just to see her she was so happy oh I got a cool Braslet from the gide

Visited May 2013
Singleton, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Ohau's best snorkel tour”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Captain Bob's Picnic Snorkel Tour,
Picked up at or near hotel, by bus, Jenner is the guide, he is a funny one this man, knows a lot of useful Hawaii heritage, and some not so useful, funny man, arrive at boat and board setting off for Kaneohe Bay, a lovely sail on clear water to our first stop a very inviting sandbar, where you can enjoy a game of volleyball, right in the water, or just relax and swim in the clear water with white sand under foot, and enjoying the lovely scenery, while the BBQ is cooking.
Then back on the boat and a BBQ lunch is ready for you, burgers American style and soft drinks too, you can have alcohol, but this is at an extra cost, after feasting on these yummy burgers, we set off to the reef about 10 mins away, on the way we slow or stop to view wonderful sea turtles swimming as we sail, at the reef all gear is included, this is a lovely snorkel, lots of colourful fish and if you are in the water before many get in you may even see turtles resting on the reef, as I did, spending about an hour in the water too, the crew were wonderful, very helpful and willing staff, then return sail back to dock latter in the afternoon and bus back to pick up point.
We liked this trip very much, very enjoyable way to spend a day on the island.
This was my 3rd snorkel tour with Captain Bob's, the first was 25 years ago, then in 2011 and 2012, this must say something as to how much fun it was for us and how we liked it, they must be doing something right to still be going strong after all these years.
I would highly recommend this snorkel tour, give it a go, great day out on the water.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Debbie O
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun day!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked this snorkelling tour group after getting to Honolulu as it was difficulty to decide which group to go with. Due to budget restriction, this was the most economical tour group we could go with and it is worth every penny. Since we didn't stay right in Waikiki, it didn't matter which hotel they were picking us up at. We didn't rent a car either so having transportation and lunch included was a plus to this tour. All the staff were super friendly, especially the captain and her crew members. The sandbar was just amazing! It took me quite a few minutes to realize that we're in the middle of the ocean standing in water only up to waist depth max, if not ankle depth. The snorkelling experience was simply wonderful. I managed to swim with a sea turtle as it sneaked up right beside me and saw another one hiding in the corals. My sister managed to see 4 to 5 sea turtles as she followed right behing Jenner while snorkelling. The whole experience was completely worth the bus ride and walking to the pick-up location. I will definitely recommend this tour group if you're beginner snorkelers or are not familiar with Honolulu's snorkelling tours.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Melissa H
Indio, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“great crew and location”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I were visiting family in Honolulu and decided last minute to book a snorkeling trip. 1st the price was one of the least expensive. The guide and transportation to and from the boat were very good. The crew were both fun and friendly, and eager to please. Our day was a bit rainy but hey your getting in the water anyway so we didn't let that ruin our day. Lunch was burgers, bean, chips and sodas, beer was available for a reasonable price as well. There was 2 stops and some sight seeing in between. We believe we got more than what we paid, and if we are able to return this is a must do on our list. Thanks to the entire crew for a day we will all ways remember.

Visited April 2013