“A day in the sun” 4 of 5 bubbles

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A day in the sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Looking for a fun, relaxing way to learn snorkelling in a safe and friendly environment? Then this fits the bill. The setting is idyllic, the staff friendly and helpful. Playing volleyball in the middle of the ocean is pretty amazing. The bbq lunch was filling, just what was needed. And the reef where we snorkelled after lunch was teaming with fish. I even swam - ever so briefly - with a green sea turtle. Every member of the family, including teenagers 13 and 16 had a ball. This is a great, laid back experience.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Marcellus61

honolulu
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“picnic sail/snorkel cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

the crew was fun & very informative; they bbq hamburgers on the boat while we all played volleyball on the sandbars; then they sailed us to a turtle watching spot before sailing us to a reef where we jumped in & snorkeled around seeing TONS of fish; the day was perfect & everything ran very smoothly...great time!!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank tashiawaikiki
Fresno, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked the trip toward the end of our stay and almosted canceled becasue we were not sure we wanted to spend another day snorkeling - but I am soooo glad we went, this was one of the best things we did all week! This is more than just a snorkel trip, playing volleyball in the middle of the ocean is a once in a lifetime event. The crew & food were great! They took us turtle watching before snorkeling and there were even turtles at the reef we snorkeled at. Jenner is a little odd but don't let that stop you this trip is worth every penny.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Diane M
Jackson, NJ
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Fun Day Snorkeling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

So I booked this trip with Captain Bob because we wanted to visit the ‘hidden’ island. OK, now I understood what the hidden island was but no one else in my party of 7 did. It’s a giant sandbar in the middle of the bay. I thought it was cool my wife wanted to know where the tiki bar was. Overall my family enjoyed our trip on this boat but be warned it can get crowded. On our trip Capt. Bob had three boats going out. It can also get rowdy one of the boats (a little pontoon boat) was filled with people who were drinking before we even left for our 10 AM cruise. I’m glad we avoided that boat. The lunch was a burger (which I thought was pretty good) and some cold salads. The snorkel part of the trip was great. I thought the location they brought us to was a beautiful spot and there were plenty of fish and even some turtles. The reef was large and colorful and even with three full boats there was plenty of room without feeling crowded. One suggestion the one scoop of warm water we got when we left needs to be larger. However, the hot chocolate really hit the spot after getting out of the water. I would also recommend you bring your own snorkel gear we were glad we did when we saw how the gear the boat gave you was ‘sanitized’. Also, everyone who worked for Captain Bob was very friendly and very helpful and they did not feed the fish or the turtles! Although I do with the guy 'entertaining' us would have shut up for a few minutes. We were convinced he was drunk. One more tip if you go on the cruise at the snorkel spot follow the rope out to the anchor, we found some really cool fish hanging out over there.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank bobaloo000
Christchurch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Do something else for the day....anything.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

For anybody keen on going out for a days snorkelling, this is not the trip for you. If However you want to sit on a bus with a bad and sleazy comedian ( Jenner ), for a couple of hours, go out to a sand bar for no other reason that I can see other than a game of volleyball and an OK lunch. on to a reef for about 35 minutes of snorkelling, with to be honest not really much to see. Then back to the harbour and bus back to Waikiki, while all the time listening to Jenner's banal and mildy irritating commentry. Go for your life but you have been warned. Its not a snorkelling adventure at all. Not recomended. Funniest thing was seeing people lighting up cigarettes on the sand bar whilst walking around in snorkelling gear in 18 inches of water.
This is the only snorkelling we did in Hawaii and there must be better trips/ locotions than this, If you want a good snorkelling holiday you cant beat Australia Great Barrier Reef, Tonga, Some of the Fijian Islands and even Rarotonga is better.

Visited June 2012