“Huge waste of money!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$246.88*
and up
Oahu Sky and Sea Combo: Helicopter Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise or Atlantis...
More Info
$241.12*
and up
Oahu Atlantis Submarine Adventure and Sunset Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy an evening of tasty food, entertainment, and unforgettable views aboard the sleek and state-of-the-art Atlantis Cruises vessel.
Glendale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Huge waste of money!”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a dinner cruise that would be the highlight of our first trip to Oahu (Sept 2010) and chose the Navatek. It turned out to be the downside of the trip. We opted for the steak and lobster dinner service instead of the buffet. I was picturing a nice lobster tail and a petite fillet. We received a whole overcooked lobster...eyes looking at you and three thin slices of chewy beef with gravy. The carrot and zuchini sticks were about the only edible items. I guess we should have known better. Institutional cooking never turns out enjoyable. Even the tea tasted as though they used the lobster water to prepare it. The three included drinks were watered down, but I prefer them that way, so that was not a downside for me.
The cruising itself was enjoyable but most folks do not get a window seat so your view is blocked by others. If you wanted to see the sunset, you had to scramble to the top deck. The Hawaiian dancers were good and the guitarist was wonderful. Souvenir photographs taken when boarding, were $25.00.
In the future, I will skip the dinner cruise.

2 Thank GimmeIslands

• Korean first
NBNC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bad!”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Went on Whale Watching cruise in March 2010. Boat took on water and everyone had to go to one side of the boat to keep it from sinking. When we were immediately taken back to the port, they tried to get us back on the buses to leave without mentioning a refund. Finally, agreed to refund or reschedule, but we had already wasted much of the day planning around the event. Should have offered refund and reschedule due to terrible inconvenience. Of course, I'm not so sure I would have tried again!

Springfield, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“great experience for a dinner cruise”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

My wife and I reserved a dinner cruise on the Navatek 1 in mid march 2010. We had the limo pick us up at the Royal Hawaiian, and take us to the docks. the ride was about 20 minutes or so. Very nice driver.

Once we arrived we were immediately introduced to the captain and our server, stood for a picture, and then escorted to our table. We were one of the first couples to arrive, and were seated at a small (two person) table right next to the window. In a few moments our server appeared with a bottle of champaigne, and then later to take our drink orders (we had five drink tickets apiece..trust me, you won't have time to use them all). the service was great, and they were able to accomodate my wife who doesn't like seafood.

The food was good, and there was plenty of it. We were both stuffed, and a little tipsy by the end of the trip..nice experience.

The entertainment was good. Both the main singer and the hula dancers were good, cute, and enthusiastic..nice.

Near the end of dinner, someone stopped by our table to deliver the photo that was taken when we arrived. The photo was included in our dinner package, and is a nice momento to keep. They also had a set of Navatek Champaigne flutes wrapped for us as a gift (nice touch).

As a bonus, the captain spotted a whale while we were cruising past Diamondhead, so he stopped the engines and invited everyone out on deck for whale watching. Thanks captain.

After the cruise the same driver picked us up in the same limo ( I know because I accidently left my phone in the limo..and it was still there), and took us back to the Royal Hawaiian.

I have read others complaints about this trip..It is a little pricey, but honestly, we enjoyed the food, the entertainment, the scenery, the stability of the boat, and the service. ..We have no complaints whatsoever. I would recommend this dinner cruise to anyone, and we will probably do this again if we return to honolulu.

5 Thank Scott066
colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We decided to do this whale watching tour as they have guaranteed sightings. Well we ended up paying 150 dollars to see one whale about 300 yards away for about two seconds. The food was awful, so bad in fact that all we couldnt even stomach it, all we could eat was the rice that they had aboard. I would not waste your money on this cruise. The only plus side is that the boat is specially designed to prevent getting sea sick, however the ocean does not bother me so that was not a problem. I would save your money and go with a different company to a different location of the island.

6 Thank dukemidas
Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“cheap venue, bad food, i'd never recommend it.”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

When my boyfriend told me that he purchased tickets for a dinner cruise together for Valentine's Day, I was ecstatic. I had heard great things about dinner cruises in Hawaii so I couldn't wait to see for myself.

When our tickets were collected before boarding, we posed together for a picture. We were then rushed onto the cruise and seated with the rest of our party. Luckily, we came with a party of 10 so we didn't have to sit and dine with any strangers. My first complaint would have to be the drinks. We paid nearly $100 for each of our tickets and were only given one drink coupon. The free drinks we got (Blue Hawaiians and Mai-Tais) claimed to contain alcohol but was extremely watered down. They tasted like flavored syrup, lemon and water mixed together. Any drink ordered after the coupon was redeemed would cost $3. That means $3 for a cup of cranberry juice when I could go to Safeway and buy a whole quart for that exact price. Then came our picture that was taken outside. They were selling it for $20 a piece which I found to be ridiculous since it was basically a picture within a paper frame. The buffet food consisted of cheap chicken, bland fish, mediocre pork, packaged mashed potatoes, and some steamed vegetables. The entertainment consisted of a one man band (who was actually the best part of the event) and a singer that sang through her nose and whined through every line. The hula dancers only danced for about 6-7 minutes and they were not too enthused. The worst part, though, would have to be the fact that only two or three servers ran the entire event that included about 100 guests on our floor. Our server rarely came around and our drinks took forever to be delivered. Furthermore, she was impersonal and not very accommodating.

I am not usually a critical person but I was extremely unhappy with this dinner cruise. Our entire party, collectively, paid Navatek around $1,000 for dinner that night only to be served cheap food, cheap entertainment, and poor service. With all of the money that they collected that night, I think they could afford to give their food a bit of an upgrade by using real potatoes seasoning their fish. I also don't understand why they are stingy enough to charge $3 for drinks. The only good thing I can say, aside from the very talented "one man band" was that we got to enjoy the sunset. I can't give the venue much credit for this, however, because I could have enjoyed the sunset for free on the beach and not have been upset with the disappointing experience. I would never recommend this to anybody because Navatek is definitely the greediest and cheapest vacation venue I've ever been on.

4 Thank hayhuong

Been to Atlantis Cruises? Share your experiences!