“great experience for a dinner cruise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$246.88*
and up
Oahu Sky and Sea Combo: Helicopter Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise or Atlantis...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy an evening of tasty food, entertainment, and unforgettable views aboard the sleek and state-of-the-art Atlantis Cruises vessel.
Springfield, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“great experience for a dinner cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

My wife and I reserved a dinner cruise on the Navatek 1 in mid march 2010. We had the limo pick us up at the Royal Hawaiian, and take us to the docks. the ride was about 20 minutes or so. Very nice driver.

Once we arrived we were immediately introduced to the captain and our server, stood for a picture, and then escorted to our table. We were one of the first couples to arrive, and were seated at a small (two person) table right next to the window. In a few moments our server appeared with a bottle of champaigne, and then later to take our drink orders (we had five drink tickets apiece..trust me, you won't have time to use them all). the service was great, and they were able to accomodate my wife who doesn't like seafood.

The food was good, and there was plenty of it. We were both stuffed, and a little tipsy by the end of the trip..nice experience.

The entertainment was good. Both the main singer and the hula dancers were good, cute, and enthusiastic..nice.

Near the end of dinner, someone stopped by our table to deliver the photo that was taken when we arrived. The photo was included in our dinner package, and is a nice momento to keep. They also had a set of Navatek Champaigne flutes wrapped for us as a gift (nice touch).

As a bonus, the captain spotted a whale while we were cruising past Diamondhead, so he stopped the engines and invited everyone out on deck for whale watching. Thanks captain.

After the cruise the same driver picked us up in the same limo ( I know because I accidently left my phone in the limo..and it was still there), and took us back to the Royal Hawaiian.

I have read others complaints about this trip..It is a little pricey, but honestly, we enjoyed the food, the entertainment, the scenery, the stability of the boat, and the service. ..We have no complaints whatsoever. I would recommend this dinner cruise to anyone, and we will probably do this again if we return to honolulu.

5 Thank Scott066

• Korean first
colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

We decided to do this whale watching tour as they have guaranteed sightings. Well we ended up paying 150 dollars to see one whale about 300 yards away for about two seconds. The food was awful, so bad in fact that all we couldnt even stomach it, all we could eat was the rice that they had aboard. I would not waste your money on this cruise. The only plus side is that the boat is specially designed to prevent getting sea sick, however the ocean does not bother me so that was not a problem. I would save your money and go with a different company to a different location of the island.

6 Thank dukemidas
Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“cheap venue, bad food, i'd never recommend it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

When my boyfriend told me that he purchased tickets for a dinner cruise together for Valentine's Day, I was ecstatic. I had heard great things about dinner cruises in Hawaii so I couldn't wait to see for myself.

When our tickets were collected before boarding, we posed together for a picture. We were then rushed onto the cruise and seated with the rest of our party. Luckily, we came with a party of 10 so we didn't have to sit and dine with any strangers. My first complaint would have to be the drinks. We paid nearly $100 for each of our tickets and were only given one drink coupon. The free drinks we got (Blue Hawaiians and Mai-Tais) claimed to contain alcohol but was extremely watered down. They tasted like flavored syrup, lemon and water mixed together. Any drink ordered after the coupon was redeemed would cost $3. That means $3 for a cup of cranberry juice when I could go to Safeway and buy a whole quart for that exact price. Then came our picture that was taken outside. They were selling it for $20 a piece which I found to be ridiculous since it was basically a picture within a paper frame. The buffet food consisted of cheap chicken, bland fish, mediocre pork, packaged mashed potatoes, and some steamed vegetables. The entertainment consisted of a one man band (who was actually the best part of the event) and a singer that sang through her nose and whined through every line. The hula dancers only danced for about 6-7 minutes and they were not too enthused. The worst part, though, would have to be the fact that only two or three servers ran the entire event that included about 100 guests on our floor. Our server rarely came around and our drinks took forever to be delivered. Furthermore, she was impersonal and not very accommodating.

I am not usually a critical person but I was extremely unhappy with this dinner cruise. Our entire party, collectively, paid Navatek around $1,000 for dinner that night only to be served cheap food, cheap entertainment, and poor service. With all of the money that they collected that night, I think they could afford to give their food a bit of an upgrade by using real potatoes seasoning their fish. I also don't understand why they are stingy enough to charge $3 for drinks. The only good thing I can say, aside from the very talented "one man band" was that we got to enjoy the sunset. I can't give the venue much credit for this, however, because I could have enjoyed the sunset for free on the beach and not have been upset with the disappointing experience. I would never recommend this to anybody because Navatek is definitely the greediest and cheapest vacation venue I've ever been on.

4 Thank hayhuong
Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not worth what we paid....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

The food was just cheap buffet style. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't worth what we paid for it. The dancers were really great, we enjoyed them a lot, but my husband and I went out on the deck for a while just to get away from the singer. She sang through her nose all night. The boat headed directly into the sunset, so we had to leave our food on the table and go out on to the deck to watch it. Our waiter brought our drinks early on in the evening and then we never saw him again. My husband had to take our glasses back to the galley and find someone to refill them. Watching the city lights after dark was absolutely beautiful though.

3 Thank AmKaSt
Dallas, tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not a sunset cruise - but dinner on a boat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

I've been on a number of sunset cruises - in the caribbean on Maui, in South America - and this was not a sunset cruise.

We were picked up at the Hilton Hawaiian Village at 4:30 and arrived at dock in 15 minutes. We did not depart for the sail till 5:25pm. By the time they gave us the safety speech we were able to go outside and watch the sunset - the thing was that we had less than 5 minutes of sunlight. As the boat makes its way to waikiki beach and diamondhead - there is no view - it is completely dark.

The food and entertainment were fine - but we would have enjoyed the views of the beach, hotels and Diamondhead.
I've been on sunset dinner cruises that run from 3:30 - 6pm - so you are on the water during sunset and enjoying the views. Basically we paid for a floating dinner. disappointed.

6 Thank fogelchick

Been to Atlantis Cruises? Share your experiences!