“Quite nice, but a little bit expensive for what you get.”
Review of Atlantis Cruises

Atlantis Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$246.88*
and up
Oahu Sky and Sea Combo: Helicopter Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise or Atlantis...
More Info
$241.12*
and up
Oahu Atlantis Submarine Adventure and Sunset Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy an evening of tasty food, entertainment, and unforgettable views aboard the sleek and state-of-the-art Atlantis Cruises vessel.
Adelaide, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Quite nice, but a little bit expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I'll admit it when I start, I haven't been on many dinner cruises. Actually I haven't been on many cruises at all. But I do know what's a good meal, good service and good entertainment. Where the Navatek-1 does well it some areas, it falls in others.

I was picked up from the Hilton Hawaiian Village by a Roberts Shuttle bus and it was less than 10 minutes before we arrived. The driver was nice and friendly and had good narration. On arrival they took your picture which you could then purchase for $20USD. It's a good price considering you get a nice Navatek-1 frame. I've seen much, much worse for that money.

Service was exceptional, my partner required a non-seafood meal and they were happy to provide a chicken meal which was excellent. The starters were a shrimp-skewer which I personally thought was the best cooked i've ever had, and I like my shrimp. Second was a salad which I wasn't too impressed about, as far as salads go. Third course was a lobster. Now while it looked great, it didn't have much 'meat' to it. Main meal was steak which was well prepared but a small serve. Lastly desert, a rich chocolate cake. All and all is was good, filling, but i'd rather have more main course and less appetizer and salads.

Entertainment was pretty decent. Some Hawaiian hula girls, the main female lead who did singing the entire night was quite good. She asked for anyone that were here for a special occasion, it was my anniversary so we got up on stage with a few other couples and had a slow dance. A bit of fun.

The views were good, it did a lap of Waikiki and Diamond head. My main issue about the whole thing as there was really no sunset to view. It might depend on what side of the boat you're sitting on. We paid a bit extra for a window seat. The other thing is that it was over way, way too quickly. You basically got on, had dinner and got off. I would've liked to be able to enjoy the view a bit more, maybe visit the gift shop? There was just not enough time.

I read that the Navatek-1 had some sort of new-fangled device that made it extremely steady so you didn't feel any waves. It was great, for those that get sea-sick this is the boat for you. It felt like dry land.

If cost isn't an issue go. It wasn't for us at the time. But for those on a budget there's a Hooters restaurant a few minute walk from the harbour the Navatek-1 docks in. :-)

6 Thank VippiN

• Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the whale watching cruise”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Looks like most reviews are of the sunset cruise, so here's one for the lunchtime whale watching cruise.
The food was marginal, but we really weren't on it for the food. This was my 3rd time aboard the Navatek, and serving the lunch is a fairly new thing anyway. Used to be just pure whale watching with no food. The lunch was a buffet of rice, salad, chicken and fish. Not something kids eat, so my kids ate the snacks we had brought. We rushed through the meal so we could get out on deck to watch for whales.
The whale watching was amazing! Whale season in Hawaii is from November through April, so we caught them just before they all started swimming to Alaska for the summer. We never actually saw one breaching, but saw lots of spouting, dorsal fins and tails. Really cool. My 7 year old daughter loved it. And the cruise was pretty long--we left at noon, and didn't get back until 2:30. Definitely worth the money!

1 Thank Goophygirl
Omaha
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Don't even waste your money”
Reviewed November 12, 2008

I purchased the royal Ali'i package for my girlfriend and myself. We are both in our late twenties and I am a restaurant manager, so I feel justified in my expectations. This was a waste of money at $350. Not sure if the lower grade packages are any better, but the "royal treatment" left something to be desired.

The food was skimpy on portions, of low quality, and luke warm. I would guess that it had been prepared mid to late day and was sitting in heated containers for quite some time. The mashed potatoes were instant and the steak was low grade. The dessert was small and had very little taste to it. Portions were small. Regarding drinks - I believe we actually were able to use 3 out of our 5 drink tickets. The server was very disinterested and rarely available. When a drink order was placed, he was at least 10 minutes in returning with a beverage.

The hula show and singer were decent. The view from the boat at dusk was quite nice. The boat itself was clean and well maintained, but not particularly appealing. If I had to describe the crowd on the cruise I would say combine your stereotypical low end seafaring cruise-goer with a caricature of a national lampoon's movie relative. I was dressing in slacks and a tommy bahama shirt while my girlfriend was wearing an evening dress/skirt. We were among the top 5 or so best dressed people there. We felt very out of place and overdressed. The pictures on the website show couples dressed up similar to our attire. Jeans, shorts, cut-off shirts, and souvenir t shirts were the norm. This is not a high end dinner cruise. I will admit that I was embarrassed that I brought my girlfriend to this.

At one point one of the employees who was seating us informed the two of us that the other Ali'i passenger was a frequent passenger. Apparently this man in his fifties (wearing a sleazy leisure suit) was with a different woman this week. And the week before...and so on.

As of right now I would say that when we think back to the Navatek cruise, we laugh more than anything. I don't hold any particular animosity towards the cruise, but then again, wouldn't recommend it in any way. Get a laugh listening to the bad stories on this review sight, save your money, and go to one of the nice restaurants on the mainland.

5 Thank Bradr44
sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst Dinner cruise ever”
Reviewed August 28, 2008

My husband and I waited till we got to Hawaii to book a dinner cruise as we wanted to get some advice on the best ones out there. When we booked we booked the royal sunset dinner which was the lobster and steak dinner, my husband who does not eat seafood made a request to change the lobster for chicken which we were told would not be a problem. We also were guranteed window seats. When we got on the boat, it did not have any Hawaiian theme like i thought it would of and then when we were seated, we were seated right in the middle isle not a window seat. I told the lady who took us to the table that we booked window seats, she said she would check with her manager and would be back. Well she never did come back so i went to see the manager myself who told me that it was basically bad luck that there was not window seats left. You basically sit onto on the person next to you so it was not a pleasant cruise at all. When the food came to being served the server went to give my husband the lobster who i told we had a special dish of chicken but did not believe me and had to wait another 10 mins before she came back with it. Also the steak was more like roast beef not steak and the only good thing on the plate was the mash. Also want to make note this included 3 cocktails which i think there is no alochol at all, after 3 drinks i didnt even feel like i had anything to drink which i know after 3 cocktails i usually feel tipsy. So all in all i would not recommended this cruise to anyone.

4 Thank zenie28
VA Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Sunset, and view of Harbor; Boat just OK”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My new husband and I honeymooned in Hawaii and booked this honeymoon before we had arrived in Oahu(6-22-08). We had the double tour of the Atlantis Submarine/Navatek I Royal Dinner.

We stayed at the Hale Koa Hotel and the tour guide and tour bus driver( for the Navatek I company) picked us up for our tour/dinner from our neighbor hotel The Hilton. I paid good money for this tour so I expected alot....because they had the Buffet Dinner down below, and the Royal Dinner Cruise was "considered an upgrade" there was a
Nice view from the glass windows while we were cruising. The entertainment was not bad, very pretty Hula Girls, and nice vocal entertainment. The food was not too impressive. They served a roll that was blue(not blueberry) some local fruit/vegetable that tastes terrible by itself, the bread was ok? they start you off with 4small skewed shrimp. It was ok, just cold. (didn't like that) The salad was ok, the main dish (Lobster) was Overboiled and small with not alot of "meat" inside, (they must had known this) so they give you Cubed steak( i think) with mashed potatoes and vegetables(average) It tasted "ok".

I am not hard to please but all in all it was "just ok". I enjoyed the view of Waikiki from the boat it was something different to experience, that you can't experience on land. I tried to enjoy and live in the moment because I was just "newly" married and wanted to savor the memories. Out of two thumbs up, I just give it One!

2 Thank Herway1981

Been to Atlantis Cruises? Share your experiences!