“Gorgeous Sunset, and view of Harbor; Boat just OK”
Review of Atlantis Cruises

Atlantis Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$246.88*
and up
Oahu Sky and Sea Combo: Helicopter Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise or Atlantis...
More Info
$241.12*
and up
Oahu Atlantis Submarine Adventure and Sunset Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy an evening of tasty food, entertainment, and unforgettable views aboard the sleek and state-of-the-art Atlantis Cruises vessel.
VA Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Sunset, and view of Harbor; Boat just OK”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My new husband and I honeymooned in Hawaii and booked this honeymoon before we had arrived in Oahu(6-22-08). We had the double tour of the Atlantis Submarine/Navatek I Royal Dinner.

We stayed at the Hale Koa Hotel and the tour guide and tour bus driver( for the Navatek I company) picked us up for our tour/dinner from our neighbor hotel The Hilton. I paid good money for this tour so I expected alot....because they had the Buffet Dinner down below, and the Royal Dinner Cruise was "considered an upgrade" there was a
Nice view from the glass windows while we were cruising. The entertainment was not bad, very pretty Hula Girls, and nice vocal entertainment. The food was not too impressive. They served a roll that was blue(not blueberry) some local fruit/vegetable that tastes terrible by itself, the bread was ok? they start you off with 4small skewed shrimp. It was ok, just cold. (didn't like that) The salad was ok, the main dish (Lobster) was Overboiled and small with not alot of "meat" inside, (they must had known this) so they give you Cubed steak( i think) with mashed potatoes and vegetables(average) It tasted "ok".

I am not hard to please but all in all it was "just ok". I enjoyed the view of Waikiki from the boat it was something different to experience, that you can't experience on land. I tried to enjoy and live in the moment because I was just "newly" married and wanted to savor the memories. Out of two thumbs up, I just give it One!

2 Thank Herway1981

• Korean first
England UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We loved the Navatek!”
Reviewed March 1, 2008

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Hawaii last August/September and one of the things we did was the Royal Sunset Cruise on the Navatek. We absolutely loved it... everything from the food to the entertainment was fantastic and first class. Kristie Doss-Ching was the vocalist when we went and she was brilliant... everyone entered into the mood of the evening and she received a great reception. To cap the whole evening off was the sunset which was amazing. We would whole-heartedly recommend this cruise to anyone and are planning to do it again when we go back to Hawaii later on this year (2008) for our 1st anniversary and also for my mum and dad's 25th anniversary.

5 Thank ScouseChick
hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Sunset Cruise, Awesome Entertainment, Food Good”
Reviewed February 28, 2008

We went on this cruise with some out of town friends who wanted to take a sunset dinner cruise tour. The Navatek is the best of the best. The ride is smooth. The food on the Top Deck (Alli'i) was good. The best part of the night was the unobstructed views of the sunset and the entertainment. The singer (Kristie Ching) was awesome. She is every bit as good as any professional singer you see on TV or hear on the radio. The dancers were good and cute. The guitarist was also very good. The day we rode was as perfect as can be. We had a perfect sunset, awesome entertainment, good food and service, and a beautiful moon to top it all off. As a local who has lived here all my life, I noticed that we tend to take opportunities like this for granted. Every local and tourist should take the opportunity to ride this boat if not for all the above, than just for the chance to get an unobstructed view of the sunset. It's awesome.

5 Thank Luv2Travel048
Pennsylvania
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Say no to Navatek”
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My wife and I signed up for the tour with expectations of at least a good meal with a view of the sunset. The food was scarce with everyone barely getting one portion and they ran out of dessert before our table even was called. The service was poor. We were allowed one free drink as part of the package and our waitress had to be reminded of the drink order she took one half hour previous as we started to eat our meager meal. The music provided was fair with some Hawaiian dancing but most everyone went outside on deck to see the sunset leaving the program short and without viewers. They even almost screwed up the sunset by rushing back to port and nearly placing a tanker between our boat and the sunset at the crucial time. The city of lights tour afterward (extra charge) consisted of 12 people in a van driving to a hill outside the city after dark to look at the lights of downtown Honolulu. Of the 12 people, 10 were Japanese and the driver could not speak Japanese which made for a very quiet narrative. Don't waste your money.

5 Thank srobby
Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“We Had a Wonderful Time!”
Reviewed April 14, 2007

My wife and I absolutely loved the evening we spent on the Navatek 1. The food was great, the entertainment fun, and the views of Waikiki and Diamond Head are terrific! Oh yes, the sunset wasn't too bad either.

5 Thank Fordgpw

Been to Atlantis Cruises? Share your experiences!