“Nice little dinner cruise”
Review of Atlantis Cruises

Atlantis Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$246.88*
and up
Oahu Sky and Sea Combo: Helicopter Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise or Atlantis...
More Info
$241.12*
and up
Oahu Atlantis Submarine Adventure and Sunset Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy an evening of tasty food, entertainment, and unforgettable views aboard the sleek and state-of-the-art Atlantis Cruises vessel.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice little dinner cruise”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've been on a few of the Honolulu dinner cruises now and this one certainly compares to the others. The food was plentiful and decent for a tourist attraction. I didn't expect a fine meal and it was actually better than expectations. We each received a shrimp cocktail appetizer (other places seem to provide one per couple) and each course came on time. I like that they served us when we were ready and we weren't forced to wait on a certain timeline. A lobster allergy prevented us from that portion, but were were offered (without having to ask) a substitute dish of chicken. It was very good. The tenderloin was so-so but I'm not a huge fan anyway. The best part had to be the Taro rolls with macadamia nut butter - nice purple bread.

We were offered the window seat "upgrade" when we boarded and decided to go ahead and take it. I liked having the window and we had our own table - no one sharing a table with us - but we were on the starboard side. Sailing out we were faced with the full wrath of the Hawaiian afternoon sun. I had removed my hat at the table but was forced to don it once again with sunglasses. After we had turned to the east to make our initial pass around Waikiki were were fine once again. Naturally, along with the sunlight it was very hot at that time. The dining room manager took note of this (again without our prompting) and readjusted the a/c vents to provide some relief.

The music and show was typical Hawaii tourist fluff with the obligatory Tahitian dancing included. I had more fun watching the tourists strain to get a better look than watching the actual show, but I've seen it before. The front viewing areas on the boat gave a spectacular sunset view as well as the final rays hitting Waikiki and Diamond Head. The Navatek cruise is the best I've seen for these views.

Overall a nice experience, comparable in price, good food and convenient parking. I would recommend this cruise over the Star cruise especially if you want to combine it with the submarine tour.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank MalekV

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Take your chance with another cruise.

Food was okay. Cocktails were cheap around $6. But very tacky atmosphere.

I have been on 3 cruises with dinner and entertainment and this was the most expensive and the worst.

I would of rather save the money to be honest.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Natasha D
Smithtown, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful way to see the sun set”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have no other sunset cruise with which I can compare this, but it wasn't bad. The meal was fine, if not great, and the ship offered nice views of the Honolulu skyline, Diamond Head, and the sunset. The show was ok, with colorful hula dancers, and a surprisingly good guitarist. I suspect there are nicer cruises, but it was enjoyable nonetheless

Visited July 2012
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Loved It !!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

12 night stay this was our BEST NIGHT out put this on your to do list ..okay food is nothing to rave about but what a great night out who goes on a cruise for the food anyway ????? Loved the whole night.. show was great & group tables allowed you to meet some great people go Friday for the fireworks loved it !!

Houston, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Nice dinner on a cruise”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We prucahsed the royal dinner which was enjoyable on the upper deck. The food was good but the atmosphere was too loud to be called romantic. Too many kids screaming and crying that ruins the supposedly romantic idea of the dinner cruise. Other than that, it is a good dinner on the water.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Gauxtiger

Been to Atlantis Cruises? Share your experiences!