TripAdvisor

from $89.00
from $89.00
from $166.50
More Info
All reviews sunset tour photography skills private tour professional photographer great shots photo tips camera settings highly recommend this tour small group great tour amazing photos learned how picture taking learn how take photos half day tour sea turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2019

I reserved space on an island photo tour, AND PAID IN FULL, in January for a February 26th tour. The day before, I received a text from Blue Hawaii stating that they were cancelling my tour because I was the only person signed up...…..UNLESS I wanted to pay another $200.00! Excuse me??? I purchased an extra camera battery for my Nikon, UV filters as recommended by tour, AND a larger piece of checked luggage to accommodate the Nikon. Beyond irate. They refunded me, of course, but I was really looking forward to that tour. Very disappointed.

2  Thank Lenore E
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2019

Aloha Lenore,
It is a standard business practice to cancel activities that have only one person signed up as you are aware since it is on our website before you booked and you told me “all of my other activities have been cancelled this trip.” You were offered a free upgrade to another tour which you declined and you were also offered a greatly reduced private tour for $200 if you wanted to keep the same date. You refused and we refunded you. It’s a shame that you were “Beyond irate” and mentioned that you would write a damaging review.

Reviewed March 5, 2019

We did the Best of Oahu Tour with Marie in late February and loved it. Marie was an excellent travel guide and terrific at explaining the Island sites and Hawaiian culture. She was informative, friendly, and respectful of our needs and desires. Marie is incredibly knowledgeable about Hawaiian history and shares that with her clients in an entertaining and educational manner. She tailored the tour to our interests after we told her about our respective backgrounds. It was fun to get to know her and find out about her extensive experience with photography. She helped us get the best possible photos of the sites we visited, not only showing us great spots from which to shoot but also suggesting camera settings and angles. And we now know how to get creative panoramas with two images of our family in one pano! In sum, Marie was the best guide we have ever had in our travels. We recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone who wants a great tour of Oahu or its major attractions, and to learn about Hawaiian culture and history. And this tour is terrific.

Date of experience: February 2019
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Aloha Barry,
I loved meeing you and your family. What a fun day we had together visting the best scenic locations, taking photos and eating at the local spots. Thank you for your kind review.
Mahalo nui loa,

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

We took the Sunset Photo Tour, we really enjoyed seeing the neighborhoods outside of the tourist areas, as well as a lot of the places we never would have seen otherwise, including some of beautiful beaches, coves and seascapes. Our guide Norma was amazing and very knowledgable. She took a lot of time with each of us, helping us work with our cameras and get the best shots possible. And the scenery was incredible. We saw and captured images that will last a lifetime. Thank you, Norma, for a wonderful afternoon in Hawaii!

Date of experience: February 2019
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Aloha,
Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with Norma! We really love sharing the history and beauty of Oahu. We aspire to give our guests a personal experience they would not get anywhere else. I am happy you had a wonderful experience. We would love to have you join us on tour again!
Mahalo,

Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

I truly could not fault Blue Hawaii Photo Tours! They’re absolutely fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! My mum and I first discovered them in 2017 on our first trip to Honolulu, we loved every minute of the tour. I returned this month with my partner (a budding photographer) and didn’t hesitate to book again. Our tour guide Norma was fantastic, she created a very personalised and interactive experience that you can’t get in large group tours. She was extremely welcoming and knowledgeable, making for a truly enjoyable and fun day. Each of the tour stops were unique and original, creating amazing memories and photo opportunities. The advice given allowed my partner and I to learn new photography skills and ultimately capture better photos in all settings on our iPhones and our Nikon 3100 camera. This tour definitely caters for people of all abilities and interests. We can’t thank Blue Hawaii Photo Tours enough for giving us an experience that we consider to be one of the highlights of our trip.

Date of experience: February 2019
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Aloha
We loved having you come back and do another tour with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your second tour with Norma. We enjoy assisting guests with their cameras and sharing the beautiful locations of Oahu with you. See you next time...we are always adding new locations.
Mahalo

Reviewed February 3, 2019

Our guide was very friendly and professional. She took the group on very scenic route and we all had a great time. I took some great photos and will go again on my next visit to Hawaii.

Date of experience: February 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Aloha Escape,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a quick review! We appreciate it so much. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us on tour. We would love to see you again.
Mahalo,