“Great way to spend the day!!”

Blue Hawaii Photo Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$89.00*
and up
Sunrise Photo Tour on Oahu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Small group photo and private tours. Limit to 7 people for group tours. Private tours up to 11 people. Professional guide takes you to landmark sites and hidden locations. Bring your iPhone and/or camera. Learn your camera. We take you to local places - not the usual tourist spots. Book Direct and Save!
Reviewed June 12, 2016

I found Marie during my first visit to Hawaii when I did the Sunset Tour. This time I was fortunate to be able to do a Private Tour for the full day with my wife and daughter. The tour is listed as a photo tour but it is so much more. The tour feels like you have a friend on the island showing you around to different places of interest and giving you an amazing amount of information about the island. You don't have to be a photographer to enjoy this tour. My wife's photography interest and skills are limited to what she can take with her iPhone. Marie's knowledge of photography includes how to get the most out of your iPhone photos. We gave our five year old daughter a point and shoot camera to use on the tour and she had a great time shooting pictures. I had my DSLR and Marie helped me work through my settings and helped with post production ideas. There is something for everyone on the trip and Marie was adaptable to show us places we wanted to see.

1  Thank binfinger
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Aloha
Thank you for your kind words. I remember you from last year when you first purchased your camera. You had a great eye then and now your photography has gotten really good. I enjoyed meeting your wife and adorable daughter. She's quite the photographer at only 5 years old. Thanks for spotting the monk seal on the cliffs...it's always a special treat to see them as they are rare and highly endangered. The turtles didn't disappoint us either ..showing up for us on the North Shore. I loved doing the private family tour with you. Keep in touch. Aloha, Marie

All reviews
"great shots"
in 20 reviews
"small group"
in 30 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 28 reviews
in 12 reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 9, 2016

While flipping through a magazine at Honolulu airport I saw an ad for this photo tour. right then and there I decided I was going to do it and it was the best decision of my holiday, second to coming to Hawaii in the first place.
I did the full day Island tour. I got picked up by Maire from my hotel lobby with our small photography group and off we went. I saw so many things that I would never have seen just travelling around O'ahu with just a tourist guide. Marie has such extensive knowledge of Hawaii and O'ahu and her commentary while we were driving around kept us entertained. When I come back to Hawaii, the first thing on my to do list is another photography tour with Marie.

Aloha Danni,
So lucky you saw the ad and joined our Island Tour. It was fun to meet you. Yes...the smaller the group the better...it's more like our own personal road trip! A visual road trip.
See you the next time you are here.
Warmest Aloha,
Marie

Reviewed June 9, 2016

My wife and I really enjoyed the trip. We were taken to many different places on the island. It was a well rounded photo experience. Even our guide was very helpful with suggestions on how to make a good shot even better. He was also very informative to some of the island history. It was a fun learning experience.
Thanks
Kevin & Charlotte

Date of experience: June 2016

Aloha Kevin & Charlotte,
Thank you for joining the Sunset tour. Yes..Evan is very knowledgeable about local Hawaiian history and culture...and he is an awesome photographer too. I'm delighted you enjoyed your tour. Mahalo
Aloha,
marie

Reviewed June 9, 2016

An Oahu highlight! Marie offered her expertise on several levels. First, she brought us to breathtaking spots on the island which we probably would have missed. Secondly, she offered her technical expertise in helping us capture the best quality shots we possibly could, making them stories, not just snapshots. And thirdly, she brought us to the most unassuming spot for lunch, which turned out to be one of our favorite meals of the entire trip. Even if you just dabble in photography, this is a tour well worth taking!

Aloha Brent,
Great...to meet you and soooooo happy you enjoyed the tour. What a fantastic day we had going around the island. Yes..the story captured in the photograph is paramount to creating unique impactful images. Haha..our lunch spot is a little known spot where the locals eat. The fresh catch of the day never disappoints ! A hui hou ( until we meet again )
Warmest Aloha,