“Tasty food at reasonable prices, good service.”
Review of Zippy's Restaurant

Zippy's Restaurant
Ranked #1,227 of 2,454 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had the ox tail soup. It was good, lots of ox tail. If you live in Hawaii, then you know you can count on Zippy's to deliver a tasty meal at a reasonable price. Service is almost always good.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A mini loco moco comes with rice, hamburger patty, brown gravy and mac salad. I stopped by the original Zippy's on King Street a month ago and ordered one. As I was taking it out, I didn't see that they had given me white rice instead of my requested brown rice. The receipt said "brown rice". I called, and they were kind enough to send me a certificate to come back and try it again. Zippy's is really popular with locals and it may seem blasphemous to complain but they screwed up my order again. I ordered the mini loco moco with brown rice and egg over medium, I got the brown rice this time but the egg was, at best, over easy. The egg white was barely cooked, the yolk runny. Sheesh. I checked my receipt and it clearly said "over medium." This is the original Zippy's and their headquarters is right there. You'd hope that their line cooks can read. Apparently not. Zippy's food isn't bad, providing you get what you order. Maybe the inside restaurant is better but avoid the take out.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the mixed meat combo (teriyaki beef & Katsu chicken) which came with fries, chili, and macaroni salad. The fries and chili were the best part. I was more than happy to share the beef and chicken with my friends here, because it was pretty bad.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Local style food. Pricey for what you get. Best thing is the chili and fried chicken. Service is slow even at the take out counter.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was non-plussed by the food. The service was weird and the place itself, a large, fast food establishment with a separate sushi bar inside? Bizarre, and not in a good way.

Been to Zippy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!