“Great Hawaiian fast food”

Zippys Restaurant Kapahulu
Ranked #508 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Diner, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Indiana
“Great Hawaiian fast food”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stopped by Zippy's for an early breakfast on our way to Pearl Harbor. I would have to say it is darn good breakfast food served quickly (at least by Hawaiian standards for quickness).

I ordered the Spam and eggs served with white rice. I liked the quaint combination and will have to make it more often at home.

My wife and I ate for less than $15 and it was a nice change of pace from the dreadfully boring hotel continental breakfast. If you want high cuisine, then go somewhere where you can spend $50 a plate.

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great local place”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

You know it's a real Hawaiian restaurant when there's spam on the menu! Also has very good pies and cakes.

Visited August 2012
Gardena, California
“You go for the chili.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Zippy's chili & rice is to Hawaii what the Tommy chili-cheeseburger is L.A. It's greasy, artery clogging great chili. Health nuts stay away. I've also had their fried chicken which was okay. My son really liked the mushroom burger and had it twice. The teri-burger is a fail : ( Ah but the chili...Zippy's makes wonderful chili. Why don't they open one in L.A.? At least open one in Vegas at the Cal or Main Street. Come on guys! I don't want the frozen brick from Marukai. Bring us the real stuff.

• Visited August 2012
Terrell, Texas
“Won't go back. Not awful, but better places to spend money.”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Didn't expect a lot here, but after reading reviews, we did expect more. Service was good, food just ok at best. 4 in our party and consensus was pretty much the same among all of us unfortunately-not that good. Would rather spend a little more and get better if had to make the choice again.

• Visited May 2012
NW PA
“They have the answer to good food fast!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stopped in for a late evening snack and got mounds of good food cheap and fast! I'll go back!