“Skip it.”

Ranked #62 of 103 Dessert in Honolulu
Tallahassee, Florida
“Skip it.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I don't know if I hit this place at the wrong time, but I got really weird service. For example, when I asked the guy with the green Mohawk type hair how big the medium was, he just looked at me. Finally he said "like this big" and placed his hands in a way that was unclear. I said medium.

He made the acai bowl for me but I could tell from the other side of the restaurant (by the turtle) that it was soupy. He gave it to me in a bowl with no top, and when I asked for a top he sighed, looked at me, then left and came back with Saran Wrap. Small talk with him while I was waiting for the food can only be described as painful.

The real problem however came about five minutes later, when the first of the acai liquid overflowed the bowl's ridge and went under the Saran Wrap. I'm sitting here in sweats because I'm desperately trying to save my favorite pants (now covered with acai) and my shoes - I'm assuming acai will stain. Needless to say, I'm less than happy with the service and the presentation of the food (I was not looking for water).

Skip it and go to any of the surrounding restaurants (including two in the nearby Fort Street Mall) that serve better acai bowls or get a smoothie/bubble tea directly across the street.

• Visited April 2014

San Diego, California
“Local Island Flavors as Homemade Ice Cream”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a great addition to the neighborhood! If you are visiting Oahu you must try some local ice cream flavors!

Located in Chinatown on Pauahi Street (near the corner of Maunakea street) this ice cream parlor is sure to please. Ignore the dryers ice cream sign when you first walk in (I think they should remove it) and focus your eyes on the chalkboard filled with homemade flavors. I have sampled everything from Pizza to Avocado, but my favorite is the Lemon Thai Basil or Carmel Apple Pie.

This is a must visit if you are in chinatown!

• Visited September 2013