“Wonderful food, delicious flavors”
Review of Kan Zaman

Kan Zaman
Reserve with OpenTable
Kan Zaman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 2,350 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Wonderful food, delicious flavors”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We first became acquainted with Chef Kamal's food when he took over the restaurant in our condo building. We found it to be very tasty and well-seasoned (but not at all spicy.) I had the chicken kebabs over absolutely delicious rice pilaf, and a green salad garnished with oranges and radish slivers. My companion had the Lentil soup Lebanese style which was puréed and had subtle spices, garnished with lemon. He had the shish kebabs over the same tasty rice pilaf. I absolutely loved my baklava for dessert--not too sweet. The service was impeccable, the decor reminiscent of Morocco with a contemporary touch. There is a lovely outdoor patio overlooking a grassy area. We will definitely visit this restaurant again!

6 Thank NuuanuMusician

Kailua, Hawaii
“It's True - Authentic Moroccan and Lebanese Cuisine in Honolulu”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

What a great new addition to Chinatown in Honolulu: Kan Zaman. Chef Kamal and Chef Youssef have just opened. The restaurant is small - intimate - and beautifully decorated in Middle Eastern style but the food is the star. I started with the Lentil Soup which had a wonderfully nuanced flavor. My entree was the Lamb Tajine ... the meat from the shank fell off the bone ... and the lamb was served on a bed of beautifully prepared and seasoned chick peas. I had no room for dessert, but one of our guests ordered the baklava. Just sweet enough (I don't care for baklava that's dripping with honey). Oh, and the Moroccan tea is a treat.

7 Thank Auwaiku
San Diego, California
“Must go: Authentic Moroccan & Lebanese Cuisine”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Chef Kamal and Chef Youssef are serving authentic moroccan and lebanese cuisine in a new downtown location. I was fortunate to already try several dishes on the menu and my mouth is watering to eat more!

I started with a simple but delicious chickpea puree with tahini, lemon juice & olive oil served with pita bread. My first main course was a braised Chicken Tajine with saffron, coriander, lemon, cumin, smoked paprika and olives. This also came with fries which I dipped into the broth which was a delicious treat. Next was the steamed Vegetarian Couscous in a flavorful broth with carrots, pumpkin, potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes & chickpeas. This had a delicious buttery taste and went perfectly with the beans that came with the Tanjia style braised lamb shank. This was followed by a light desert of fresh sliced oranges with sugar, cinnamon & orange blossom. After my glass of wine I tried the Moroccan mint tea with orange blossom, perfectly sweet and delicious but my favorite part was the way the tea is poured.

Inside the decor was modern but still had a sense of tradition. In addition to the main restaurant area, you can also go to the back where there are several tables under the outdoor gazebo with a nice view of a grassy yard.

The prices are very reasonable and the flavor is amazing! I have no doubt that Chef Kamal and Chef Youssef's Kan Zaman will be a huge success!

7 Thank robertholf