“Come hungry!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was recommended by a taxi driver heading to our hotel in Waikiki. There are two locations, but we went to the nearest and oldest one. If you care about food more than atmosphere, this is the place to go. Everything was delicious, from the short ribs and crispy pork to the barbeque ribs. The waitress was sweet and efficient. We were only sorry we couldn't get back there a second time, but we had to leave for another island. Put this one on your "must eat at" restaurant list!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place is hard to find, and it's location in a small alley-like street. The out side is pretty run down, and the inside is not much better. But forget all that, because the food is simply great. This is the place all the locals know about; the food is served family style in large portions. It is a good blend of Hawaiian-Chinese food, without falling into the trap of putting pineapple into everything.

Take the time to visit this place if you are in the area of the Ala Moana Mall.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent place to enjoy great food with a great service in a non formal environment.Nothing fancy but just right.Drinks were affordable so waiting wasn't a problem as there isn't any reservation but you can have drinks at the bar.
Great location just next to Ala Moana shopping centre.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

When was the last time you went to a sports bar that had valet parking and offered anything beyond burgers and fries? Don't be fooled by the less than welcoming street where Side Street Inn is located, the multiple wall-mounted TVs, or the plastic plates. This place has wonderful, unusual food at reasonable prices, and is well worth the visit. Food is served family style. Portions are big enough to share, but not so big a person couldn't finish an entree by herself. My husband had the Chinese-style kampachi - just melted in your mouth. I had the traditional pesto-crusted ahi which was equally delicious. By all means, try the everything fried rice. The portion is huge, and we could only eat about a third (it was just my husband and me) but it was just the most unusual fried rice I have ever had. We absolutely recommend this place!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Friends who live on Oahu took us there for dinner one evening. The food was awesome...
I could live on the "everything" fried rice & katsu chicken. Was so good I wanted to go again for my birthday a few nights later. The second visit we went to the Kapahulu location (without the friends who were locals). it was just ok and I didn't care for the atmosphere or the service on Kapahulu. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Hawaii and to the Side Street Inn - Hopaka Street - Nothing fancy, just good food - good drink - good time!