“Elite and expensive”
Review of Vintage Cave Cafe

Vintage Cave Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Vintage Cave Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #382 of 2,438 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vintage Cave Café is the casual sister restaurant to the exclusive Vintage Cave Club (formerly Vintage Cave Honolulu), conceptualized in the image of renaissance architecture. One can find the best wine cellar in Hawaii, art from world-renowned masters, live music, & an exceptional Italian dining experience.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our wealthy son took us to this establishment to enjoy a special culinary treat. To call it dining would be to demean it: it was more like visiting a culinary artist in his atelier and sampling what he is currently working on. I remember ten courses, each item unique and interesting. The conceit of serving the last dessert course to resemble the first appetizer course was a coup de théâtre! Those who served us were not so much waitstaff as culinary curators.

I could dine like this but once or twice in my lifetime, but the experience was memorable.

1  Thank so-sojourner

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall a great experience and if I was to be super critical I might knock a few minor aesthetic details and a bite or two but the food execution, creativity and presentations were impressive enough to buy my silence on any minuscule missteps. The Chef is extremely talented and aspirational
and certainly someone to watch long term.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our first wedding anniversary at vintage cave and from the moment we were greeted at the front door to the moment we left the service was exceptional. All the staff the we came in contact with wished us a happy anniversary which made it that extra bit special. We also had the pleasure of meeting chef Chris Kajioka.

The food there was outstanding and if you are from Sydney, Australia and have been to Tetsuya's I would say vintage cave is better.. My favorite was the egg yoke stew and if they offer truffle with it I suggest you add it on. My wife favorite was 'from the sea'.

If you are ever in Honolulu and thinking of having a nice dinner this is the place to go, I guarantee you won't be dissapointed. We will be Definitley going back.

1  Thank Adi H
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Had an opportunity to experience this fabulous restaurant to celebrate our friends' anniversary. Absolutely gorgeous wine cellar-like interior with spectacular art and beautiful chandeliers. Delicious and unique food with superb service. We did the seasonal menu with wine pairings and the courses and pairings were simply amazing. Definitely not inexpensive, it's a once in a lifetime, special occasion destination.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hype of the restaurant is as high as the pricing, the presentation was nice but expected bolder favors. Service was plentiful but not crisp as expected for a fine dinning establishment. It seems like a Japanese business restaurant for the wealthy, not a normal restaurant. Since the menu is out of your control, make sure you are flexible with your food options before you go on this journey. It was a great experience but would not return!

1  Thank Princesschefkauai