“Worth a try”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is an interesting place. We had eaten here in the past and only thought it a little above average. We normally would not go out of our way to go. It is in a small strip type mall and the parking is always a challenge. But when visiting Oahu this time several of our local friends wanted to meet there so we went. There were 6 of us. The menu had changed a bit since we had been there last. Our old favorite garlic wings were no longer on the menu. However the new "Exotic Sandy Wings" ($6.95) were just as good. They come as a small appetizer. Wish that they were available in a larger plate as well. We had two plates to share, and could easily have eaten six!!! We also shared a couple of dishes of the fried calamari ($9.95) which were also excellent. The menu has gone eclectic fusion I guess that's what you call it with some of the Spaghetti dishes Italian with an Asian twist. I had the Garlic Shrimp w/ cream sauce over spaghetti, topped with roasted garlic ( It was delicious. My wife had the Spicy Italian sausage with Marinara which she also loved. The table shared a couple of loafs of the garlic pillow toast. Everyone enjoyed their meal and those who lived on island were able to take home some hefty leftovers. Another positive on Kit N Kitchen was that although prices had gone up a bit since we were last there, it was still very reasonable. So; if you're in the vicinity of the University, and not sure where to go, Kit N Kitchen is a pretty good choice.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love their garlic pillows, soups and the black pepper pork chop spaghetti. Their foods are very flavorful, fast, and always consistent in quality. The Asian mix in the food creation definitely adds to the "kick" in spiciness and flavor. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We like this restaurant because Kit makes good food. This is a family run restaurant and you can usually talk with Kit who walks around. He is very friendly and likes to see his customers. He has some 2 or 4 course specials which are a very good value, especially for our teen boys. The chimichuri sauce for the meat is very good. The restaurant was crowded the last time we ate dinner there. They are also open late. We have eaten breakfast there and it was very good also. Parking is free although the parking lot is small. There is street parking also along the side streets.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I used to love this place, my wife and I would go pretty often, then the service started to slip, long waits for food to come to you table, inexperienced wait staff, a owner that is not really hands on. Before, this place was great. Don't get me wrong the food is still good but the service and the attitude of the owners just turns me off now. I am not sure if I will go back there to give them one more chance,if it was up to my wife we would never go back!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Went for breakfast, menu looked good. We ordered some items that looked like they were tasty. My son (14), who usually eats quite well, was not overly enthused with his meal (Egg-in-da-hole) and didn't even want to finish it. My omelette was okay, but quite frankly it was bland and kind of messy looking.
We found this place to be lacking in service, atmosphere and food quality. No reason to go back, you can get better food at many other places without having to go out of your way. Service was kind of grumpy from the waitress (who I think is the owner) and the place is more suited to a lower income eatery (students in college might find the place more suited to their tastes, but I doubt it).
Poor location with very little parking and service that tells you not to come back as they don't want you.