“I used to love this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kit N Kitchen

Kit N Kitchen
Ranked #598 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waipahu, Hawaii
“I used to love this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I used to love this place, my wife and I would go pretty often, then the service started to slip, long waits for food to come to you table, inexperienced wait staff, a owner that is not really hands on. Before, this place was great. Don't get me wrong the food is still good but the service and the attitude of the owners just turns me off now. I am not sure if I will go back there to give them one more chance,if it was up to my wife we would never go back!!!

• Visited March 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Just okay, not worth going out of the way for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Went for breakfast, menu looked good. We ordered some items that looked like they were tasty. My son (14), who usually eats quite well, was not overly enthused with his meal (Egg-in-da-hole) and didn't even want to finish it. My omelette was okay, but quite frankly it was bland and kind of messy looking.
We found this place to be lacking in service, atmosphere and food quality. No reason to go back, you can get better food at many other places without having to go out of your way. Service was kind of grumpy from the waitress (who I think is the owner) and the place is more suited to a lower income eatery (students in college might find the place more suited to their tastes, but I doubt it).
Poor location with very little parking and service that tells you not to come back as they don't want you.

• Visited January 2012
Hawaii
“Hole-in-the-Wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

This little gem is hidden in University Square and probably no tourists would ever find it. The menu is a mix of Asian, French and Italian, so you can find many things to your liking. The prices are very reasonable and the food is very tasty. I love the special of six escargot for 99 cents with your entre. Great place to go when you just want something different. Free parking.

1 Thank smlhi
Mesa, Arizona
“Dont waste your time or money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

The service was horrible. The food was unimpressive. The website promises free pancakes with breakfast, we never received them. I wouldn't return here, nor will my friends who are locals. We hardly saw our server. Getting cofee and water refills were impossible. We couldn't even get the check or actually pay the bill. We had to flag a server down for every part of the meal from the basics of getting water, ordering, asking for the check, then again asking her to take the payment. She even brough out four plates of food and forgot two other plates.

Horrible Horrible Horrible service for so-so food.

• Visited November 2011
Honolulu
“Italian Dominates EuroAsian Fusion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

THE BAD NEWS: Not much parking in the little lot; paid parking lot next door. Milano Tomato Soup was watery & out-of-the-can tangy, with cabbage. The pasta with Tomato Sauce tasted like the same Tomato Soup, sans cabbage. Hmmmm.....THE GOOD NEWS: Located by the University. Huge menu with selections of Appetizers, Salads, Chef's Selections, Main Entrees, Pizza, Risotto, Japanese-style pasta dishes, etc. Whew! Order a glass of wine (or 2) while you're trying to decide or jot your selections on table with crayons provided. They have 2-Course Selections @ $16.95 & 4-Course selections @ $20.95, which is a good deal...Cream of Mushroom Soup had lots of mushrooms, Lamb with Rosemary was generous & tender, Lamb Wellington ok if 2 riblets are enough for you, Seafood Pasta was generous with seafood but I didn't care for that Tomato Sauce (you may like the garlic cream sauce better), Pasta with Tarako (cod fish eggs) is my usual favorite if you want to ride on the wild side. BEST DEAL: An entree or 2-course meal, will qualify you for their 99-cent appetizers of the day, i.e. mini-pizza, escargot, tomato seafood soup, grilled beef, eggplant parmesan...Escargot had a hint of grilled flavor, swimming in herb butter. It was great...glad we got 2 orders! Waithelp was very friendly, but too busy at times to clear dishes. No room for dessert, but Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream was around the back of the buidling! Restaurant was packed on a Fri. night with locals, in shorts & casual wear....make reservations.

• Visited August 2011