Review Highlights
Loads of unorganized shirts, etc.

Reviewed 1 week ago
Nix206
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile
Customer care at its best

Reviewed October 1, 2018

from $428.00
from $312.00
from $30.37
More Info
All reviews clothing sweatshirt shop kalakaua blast
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I actually thought maybe it was a used clothing store how discombobulated the tables were. Maybe a huge crowd had come through? There were a few people folding shirts, but not sure the draw. Hundreds of photos of Asian famous people everywhere. So maybe it’s a cultural draw? Very different than anything else on the street. At least pop in to take a peek, and if their tables are organized maybe you’ll buy something.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had trouble finding it.. up some stairs.
Discovered several huge tables with clothes spread out everywhere.
I didn’t see any signs indicating men and women’s or groups of sizes ... it just seemed a mess

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

These guys welcome you with a smile, straight up offer to hold your luggage for the time of your visit at the shop (or for the full day if you ask nicely ;) ), have good conversation, they make you feel comfortable, are eager to know what you’re looking for, have a large selection of products, AND they offer deals and discounts, what more can I say ? Mahalo !

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

I only went to this place cos of Terrace House. Wouldn’t have know about it otherwise. Kuhio Store was small. Was looking for kiddy t-shirt. I thought I may as well visit the Kalakaua store later since it’s bigger and might have more stock.

Well, yes, it was bigger but the kids’ tees were on one wall and a total mess. Impossible to find anything. Luckily my kid wanted only pink so I dived in and pulled out anything pink. Unfortunately I didn’t like any designs so I had to dive in again, this time for white. Each shirt I took out, I folded up nicely and ended up making two neat piles myself. All the rest was just everywhere.

The adults’ clothing was kept tidy (like in the show!).

Kitschy. Designs are nice, quality is good, sadly what I wanted to look at was too messy. Prices are a bit high. Had I been only looking at adult stuff then the review might have been better.

1  Thank Jollyjollygood
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Such an amazing place the staff are so friendly. They have a awesome variety of clothing highly recommended

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

I came with a bug group of friends and felt very welcomed. The music selection was great, the t-shirt are awesome, not tourist type but enough to get the Hawaiin feel. The guys (and gals) helped us out. I've been there 3 times now within a week and always find something new to buy!

Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

I've been coming here everytime I go to Honolulu and the clothes are super cute and original!! We always recommend this place to our friends and the customer service is amazing ! My mom is very picky with clothing and the sales staff were very patient and helpful and helped my mom find a shirt she was looking for !! Not only is the staff amazing, the clothes are awesome and good quality !!

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Would look good on the streets of London...I especially enjoyed the service, the girls in the shop were very helpful! I was given 10% off and a free music CD with my purchase. I would buy tons of stuff in there if I could afford to.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Dope spot to get shirts. Not your typical "I love Hawaii" touristy shirts but more on the streetwear side. They have clothes for men, women, and kids. Its mainly a t-shirt shop but there are other clothing items like shorts, sweatshirts and dresses. There's A LOT of stuff in the store so it could be overwhelming for some people, but I rummaged through their shirts and found a few that I loved. The staff was friendly and it helps that they had good music playing lol. There are a lot of high-end stores in the area, so it's nice to actually feel like there's a store with a more local feel.

1  Thank ohmygjenesss
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

Cant say enough GREAT things about this place!! We discovered it last year when we were here, best place to find tees and sweatshirts that are unique. Loved it - especially Richard.

Had to make sure we made it again this year. When we came in Richard actually remembered us-now thats customer service. He is a BLAST to talk to. Everyone in there is so friendly and you can tell they love their job.

The store, the product and most of all Richard...all fabulous. You must go. Go later in evening when music is cranked - you'll love it!!!!!