“Great bacon and french toast”

Wailana Coffee House
Ranked #6 of 63 Coffee & Tea in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed nearby at the Aqua Palms so it was convenient. We had lunch, which was just ok and breakfast, which was pretty decent. The bacon was delicious as was the french toast. Service was a little off and the salad bar was pretty weak, but for the price, I might try it again.

There are newer reviews for Wailana Coffee House

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had wanted to give my partner the experience of a classic American diner, which I didn't think we could find in Waikiki. However, on our walk to the Ala Moana shopping mall, we saw this diner. We went there for dinner at about 7pm - and there was a line out the door! Presumably for the all you can eat pasta for $10 - which by the looks of it was very popular with the marathon runners looking to carbo load for their run the next morning.

However, the line moved quickly and we were given our seats by the window. We got a great view. I had the French Dip and my partner had the BBQ pork. Both which were of diner quality. By that I mean oversized, slightly greasy, but very tasty. The service was excellent and they even made my partner a banana milkshake (not on the menu) which he proclaimed was the best milkshake he ever had.

Let's be honest, if you are a hard to please tourist with dreams of fancy resturants, you won't be happy here. I noticed there were lots of locals mixed with the tourists and that tells me something. I thought we had great food for an even better price - and my partner got the experience that he only sees on American tv. All this for a $20 note? Yes please!

1  Thank Kailimccoy
Reviewed December 12, 2012

So happy we found this place, the Coconut Pancakes are amazing and the prices are so great!!!! Way better than eating on site at Hilton Hawaiian Village and just across the street!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We finally got a chance to eat here and take a trip down memory lane of the coffee shops of the '60's and '70's. Included was great service from Sharon, our waitress who steered us toward delicious breakfast fare. Her outfit alone was excellent; the dress and sneakers uniform that a coffee shop promises. Anyway, we had the all-you-can-eat pancakes (4 types) with delicious syrup and nice over-easy eggs. We did not need an $18 hotel buffet, just a well-priced load of food to last us through a day of sightseeing. Nothing fancy, just an unusual place to find down near Waikiki. I hope this restaurant is here for a long time; we will return again.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

alot of people go there because it is cheap but the food was so bad greesy and the place was old premises somthing from hawai five o