“Best Plate Lunch on Oahu! Ono and Broke da Mouth Food!”
Review of Mark's Drive Inn

Mark's Drive Inn
Ranked #1,360 of 2,495 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I can't believe I am the first one to write a review for Mark's. Mark's and Little Village Noodle House are the 2 must's for my husband and I every time we go to Oahu.

One clarification, it's not really a Drive Inn like the name suggests. It's a small, kind of a hole in the wall place that offers 4 little booths and a couple of tables. But it's a local favorite because the food is outstanding! Menu is surprisingly large considering the size, mostly of local style Asian. And you can't beat the price or the serving size.

Being a Korean BBQ rib fanatic and having eaten at over 40 different plate lunch restaurants to date, Mark's has the best kalbi short ribs I've had. The meat is tender and the sauce is finger smacking good. The rib plate comes with the standards: rice, kimchi (not bad!) and mac salad (husband loves the mac salad). My husband always gets the mixed plate lunch special, which has chicken katsu (always crispy on the outside and juicy tender on the inside), hamburger patty, teriyaki chicken, and the standards. Note that these ribs are typical style Hawaiian kalbi, some with a bit of fat on them. Mark's also offer catering size portions too.

I highly recommend stopping by if you're out shopping at the flea markets or out by Pearl Harbor. Just note that it gets busy during lunch and when school gets out so you might not be able to get a seat during those times.

4  Thank plumies