“Great fresh food!”

Ocean House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,405 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Description: The Ocean House on the beach at Waikiki offers casual elegance, stunning views, an innovative menu and a promise of a superb dinning experience.
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great fresh food!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Best dining on Oahu! We at here on our last evening. I had scallops and my husband had braised beef. We didn't reserve a table here, but we should have. It was the best restaurant in Oahu. It had an excellent view. Our waiter was super kind and nice. He told us that the Hilton resort had fireworks a few blocks away and since we were pretty much right near the spot where they were going to be and it was only an hour or so until it was going to be, he told us to visit a few art galleries near! It was the most romantic restaurant by far on this trip! Make a reservation because they were busy!

• Visited February 2013
ShoreBirdRestaurant, General Manager at Ocean House Restaurant, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Aloha Nicole S.,
We are glad that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We hope to see you on another romantic evening at The Ocean House.

• Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent management”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We recently dined at the Ocean House in Waikiki Beach. There was a problem with my order and I was waiting a long time for my meal. The manager Colleen Bui came to check on us and offered to buy us a drink and apologized for the delay. She was so concerned and personally checked to get my meal to me. We were very impressed with Colleen and decided to have dinner again the next night. She saw us and immediately came over to greet us. What a great manager!! Wish all restaurants had managers like Colleen Bui. The food was very good and the view of the beach fantastic.

• Visited November 2013
Aloha CaboLiz,
Thank you for being patient with us with your order, we pride ourselves on Aloha Quality Customer Service and love to have our guest to relax and enjoy the Ocean House dining experience. We will pass along your wonderful comments to Colleen!
Hilo, Hawaii
“Service was top notch, we had a great breakfast here”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Some of the reviews made us wonder if we were going to regret taking breakfast here. My husband had to get to a business meeting and we did not have more than 30 minutes to get in, order, eat and get out. It all worked out fine and we did not feel rushed either.

We arrived when the restaurant opened so we got a beachside table. I had the continental breakfast which included a huge assortment of fruits, toast AND macadamia nut bread, and a tall glass of freshly squeezed juice. This was very good value compared to the other offerings on the menu. Coffee was good too.

• Visited November 2013
ShoreBirdRestaurant, General Manager at Ocean House Restaurant, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Aloha HLW648,
Thank you for joining us for breakfast! We are glad that you were able to join us and you were happy with our service. We hope to see you again on your next visit, maybe for a leisure dinner with a Waikiki sunset =)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have to say this is the best place i have ever eaten out, in any country! I cannot fault this place at all.
I booked a table for 2 online before i took my trip for my partners birthday. I requested a beach side table if possible on the reservation and they said they would try but could not guarantee, which is totally to be expected.
On arrival I could see the restaurant was packed. I only had to wait 10 minutes after my reservation time and was seated next to the beach with a wonderful view! It was breathtaking. Any closer and i would have been in the sea!
Our waiter was very pleasant and helpful, albeit a bit forgetful. He forgot the drinks order to start with and then i saw the panic in his face when he walked past us and remembered. I can't hold this against him as he was very busy, and very apologetic.
I had the seafood dynamite starter which is stunning and very tasty and the lau lau for main which was also fantastic. My partner had the steak with bacon and crab and enjoyed it thoroughly. The waiters brought the food out very promptly and were so helpful and attentive.
The prices are more top end for Waikiki but worth every penny. For that quality of food i dont mind paying that bit extra for guarantee quality food and such a setting.
We even had a great view of the fireworks on the beach from our table, and a lovely couple who got engaged during the meal!
It was a very romantic location and the food was absolutely amazing. I'd recommend anyone travelling to Waikiki to have a meal here, it is worth every penny! When i return in a couple of years i'll be going straight to the Ocean House.

• Visited September 2013
Aloha Jame M,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your dinning with us! Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. We will see you again in a couple of years for another romantic dinner along side Waikiki Beach!
Ballina, Australia
“Thumbs up for Main Course only”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the restaurant one night around 7:30 p.m. The ambience was great as we had a table that looked out onto the beach and the ocean.

We were greeted by a cheerful and bubbly receptionist and were well attended by the waiter.

Our main courses (or entrees as they are called in the U.S.) were excellent and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her appertiser.

The downside was that my sea food chowder lacked taste and was luke warm. Also the bottle of sparkling wine hadn't been chilled and was warm when it was opened at our table.

Visited October 2013
Aloha JabBallina,
Thank you for dining with us at the Ocean House. Glad you enjoyed your appetizers and entrees. We strive to deliver the best possible products, served properly. Please let us know next time if anything is not perfect and we will be happy to replace it. No problem, our goal is to make sure you are happy and satisfied with your experience. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you on your next visit to Waikiki
Ocean House Restaurant