“Good food and friendly staff”

Seaside Bar & Grill
Ranked #233 of 2,453 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Good food and friendly staff. Location in Kuhio Avenue was great, considering we were staying opposite at the Aqua Wave.

We were tempted to go back for another meal but ran out of time.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went for my birthday and first meal in in Waikiki, and ordered broiled lobster which was so dry and tasteless, I could have walked home on them for shoes, they were so tough. Served with a huge hunk of sweet corn on the cob. Had to ask for a glass of water. Husband had coconut shrimp which were hideous and a bowl of insignificant French fries. Pretty rough décor and plastic tablecloth. Yuk, it was terrible.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Food in Hawaii is expensive. This place at least has some reasonable prices and coupons. We ate the special combo dinner with added lobster. The stuffed fish was ok. The shrimp cocktail used tiny shrimp and a lot of lettuce. The steak was thin and had little flavor. The lobster was rubbery. If the prices had been any higher, the rating would have been a lot lower as the food was not that good.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

While my travelling companion really enjoyed the breakfast. On ordering, the server gave an expression less look when I asked what was Gluten Free, and wouldn't entertain any deviation. I opted for what I thought was a safe choice with an omelette. It didn't agree with my stomach. I was made aware of a practice of including wheat flour into omelette batter to make them fluffier. I cannot confirm this restaurant uses this practice, though my gut tells me otherwise. Great spot to get a cheap breakfast if you are not gluten free.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Quick and (very) affordable breakfast just a few blocks up from the beach. The Pineapple boat is a must add!