“You gotta come here once”

Seaside Bar & Grill
Ranked #215 of 2,368 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Vancouver, Canada
“You gotta come here once”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We eat here once every time we come to Waikiki. Get the coupon out of the touristy brochures on the sidewalk for the $13.95 dinner special with 2 entrees, small corn & good fried chunky potatoes, salad, garlic bread & shrimp cocktail. Portions are on the small side. We also order the $10.95 special with 1 entree, corn & potatoes. This is an old diner like the TV show "Seinfeld", no fusion or trendy food here, but the service is efficient and friendly. Decor like the old days. Good 'ole regular cooking with friendly & efficient service. The hawaiian special cocktail for $5.00 was good enough for $5.00. A 15% tip was added to the bill, we felt that was OK for us.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank jetlagclubmember

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
“Good for a quick meal”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had been wanting to eat a local place, so my husband and I decided one night, after quite a few nights of passing it by to stop here. The sign about a few select choices on their dinner special thing caught our eye originally and is what brought us in. Wasn't a whole lot of folks in at time we went in, but enough to feel busy.

I ordered the steak and my husband got the coconut shrimp. I enjoyed my meal, my husband liked his too. It just seems for the price we paid, we got a lot less than pretty much anywhere else we ate on the island. I suppose that is a bit of a problem though when you go to a small, local place though. Otherwise, I really enjoyed my steak and all.

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“OUR MEAL WAS A BIT RUSHED HERE.....”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

.....And this was because we kinda turned up late one night, and as there weren't too many people in I think they had one eye on an early finish. Now looking around it did seem a bit basic but as we were hungry I wasn't too bothered about décor, now the menu did surprise me as having a good selection especially seafood, and as I said earlier they couldn't serve us quick enough, so I ordered the seafood with chips & side salad, my wife having the fish & chips and all this coming after some pre dinner snacks along with the obligatory drinks, with myself having a beer and my other half a cocktail. And I have to admit the speed of this young laddie serving us was unbelievable as he was eyeing the clock for finishing.
Now I have to admit my meal was well cooked and the prawns were a good size too, as for my wife's fish it was pretty good too by all accounts, all this was accompanied by many dips etc, and went down a treat . As for the service well, this young laddie was like Usain Bolt serving us, which was quite annoying at times but I suppose he probably has a life outside the Seaside Bar, and didn't want to keep her waiting? Which brings me around to the burning question just how the hell does this place get a name like The Seaside Bar? When it's nowhere near the seafront, it's actually several blocks away. Having said that, this is a well run family business and it shows, with no snooty waiters or any real pretence attached, and as for the price well, I thought it was terrific value for money and anyone on a budget will appreciate this restaurant in an area where the Dollar rules the unwary, enjoy folks.!

• Visited September 2013
North Hills
“A Satisfying Breakfast”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Coffee was good. Eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries, toast. All cooked just like I ordered it. Service good but somewhat rushed. I'd come back.

Tweed Heads, Australia
“Great Value”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to Seaside Bar and Grill a couple of times..It is on the corner of Seaside and Kuhio and each time we went past there were heaps of people inside.
So what the heck lets give it a try...well we weren't disappointed...for less than $20 I had a steak and small lobster tail with the trimmings and some garlic bread..the steak was really tender there was a small entree but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.
I tried one of the happy hour cocktails but like most of the happy hour cocktails we had wherever we were there was very little alcohol in the drink..
The service was very friendly and prompt..it looks like a family run establishment with Grandma out the front giving out flyers to,passerbys.

• Visited October 2013