“Decent Filipino Food but had "Special" problems”
Review of Bautista's Filipino Kitchen - CLOSED

Bautista's Filipino Kitchen
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Decent Filipino Food but had "Special" problems”
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Food was ok but what had some problems with honoring their specials. The day that I went there, they were advertising a lunch special which includes a rice plate and soda for $9.50. Normally it will be $10.50 separately. So I ordered it and sure enough they charged me $10.50. Then I ordered their other special of the day which is an ube ice cream halo-halo special for $4. Not surprising, they do not have the ube ice cream available but they can offer me a regular halo-halo for $4 (yup, same price). At that point, I just went to the ice cream place across the way. Being a Filipino food lover, I thought I will be frequenting this place during my week long stay in Waikiki, but my first impression was not as pleasant as I hoped, so I never went back.

Rensselaer, New York
“Very Good Authentic Filipino Food.”
Reviewed January 11, 2007

Last Visit 12/06-We go to Bautista's everytime we are in Honolulu. Their food is very authentic and their Halo Halo with ice cream is excellent. The only criticism we have is recently we ordered banana egg rolls. I bit into my egg roll and it was shrimp. My husband did speak to the woman at the counter about it who appeared quite unbothered and certainly not apologetic in the least, stating she had no more banana egg rolls so she gave us what she had....I am glad I am not allergic to shrimp!
SMB Albany NY