“I thought it was great, husband thought it was so-so.”
Review of Bautista's Filipino Kitchen - CLOSED

Bautista's Filipino Kitchen
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Columbus, Ohio
“I thought it was great, husband thought it was so-so.”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Located inside the International Market in what appears to be the 'food court' area. This was my very first experience with Filipino food, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I love trying new cuisines, so I was anxious. It all looked and smelled so good! Hubby had many Filipino friends from his military days, so he was quite familiar with the cuisine. We ordered the chicken kabobs plate that came with rice and noodles. The kabobs were a bit dry (mine had a bit more sauce than his), so we recommend asking for more sauce for the chicken. The food is plentiful, but the service is extremely slow. When there was a line, others in front of us would chat and chat with the ladies behind the counter as if they were long-lost friends, while the rest of us impatiently waited for our turn. Then when they made our plate, they would verify our order several times while slowly putting the order together. This isn't a big deal unless you're really hungry! Just know, this isn't really fast-food, even though much if it is already prepared in advance. So, if you're hungry, just be prepared that they may be a bit slow. Again, I thought it was great, but hubby that has had authentic home-made Filipino food found it to be just so-so. For that, we rated it as average. Regardless, there are many other joints in the International Market to choose from!

• Visited February 2012

Victoria BC
“Inside the International Market - GREAT”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Tonnes of choices and a great value. I got a huge plate of rice, meat kabobs and giant prawns (faces still attached :)

Food court in everyway but total great food and awesome value.

Visited December 2011
Chicago, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok food, but rude”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I was looking forward to some filipino food in Waikiki. The day after we arrived from Chicago, we decided to go to The International Market to look for some pinoy food. So we found this place, and was so disappointed. We expected some warm and welcoming service from our fellow pinoy, but instead got the opposite. We ordered some food and asked for an extra styrofoam plate, and the server/owner said, "There is nothing free here." so she charged us for it. She didn't even smile, and thank us for the patronage. She also charged us a "to go" box. My mom couldn't help but chastize her for her rudeness and unfriendliness. We won't be back, but will try the chinese food next door.

1 Thank JKO21
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Decent Filipino Food but had "Special" problems”
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Food was ok but what had some problems with honoring their specials. The day that I went there, they were advertising a lunch special which includes a rice plate and soda for $9.50. Normally it will be $10.50 separately. So I ordered it and sure enough they charged me $10.50. Then I ordered their other special of the day which is an ube ice cream halo-halo special for $4. Not surprising, they do not have the ube ice cream available but they can offer me a regular halo-halo for $4 (yup, same price). At that point, I just went to the ice cream place across the way. Being a Filipino food lover, I thought I will be frequenting this place during my week long stay in Waikiki, but my first impression was not as pleasant as I hoped, so I never went back.

Rensselaer, New York
“Very Good Authentic Filipino Food.”
Reviewed January 11, 2007

Last Visit 12/06-We go to Bautista's everytime we are in Honolulu. Their food is very authentic and their Halo Halo with ice cream is excellent. The only criticism we have is recently we ordered banana egg rolls. I bit into my egg roll and it was shrimp. My husband did speak to the woman at the counter about it who appeared quite unbothered and certainly not apologetic in the least, stating she had no more banana egg rolls so she gave us what she had....I am glad I am not allergic to shrimp!
SMB Albany NY