“Expensive, Slow, and Not That Great”

Longhi’s Ko Olina
Reserve with OpenTable
Longhi’s Ko Olina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 2,471 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Cross street: Piikoi
Transit: Public Transit Stops are located on Ala Moana Boulevard in between Atkinson and Piikoi. The Waikiki Trolley, or "Pink" Trolley is also available for $2.00 per person making frequent stops from Waikiki to Ala Moana Shopping Center. Most pick up stops are located at the Public Bus Stops.
Description: Longhi's has been family owned and operated in Hawaii since 1976. Our three locations offer fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner featuring the freshest seafood and island fish, prime steaks, locally grown produce and the finest imported cheeses and ingredients. Our award winning in-house bakery prepares a wide range of freshly baked breads, pastries and delectable desserts. Accompanying our fabulous cuisine is an impressive wine list that has received the "Award of Excellence" by Wine Spectator. Located in beautiful Ko’Olina Hawaii, in a wonderful open air setting with breathtaking ocean and sunset views! Longhi's is a beautiful place to dine with celebrities, vacationers and locals returning again and again for the restaurant's delicious meals, romantic times and magical energy!
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went for breakfast and while the view was very nice, the service was terrible. Long wait to order, much longer wait to even get coffee and overpriced orange juice, and the coffee was a half a cup and it wasn't even warm - barely room temperature. Asked a bus-boy for a hot cup of coffee and he got it for me quickly though. The breakfast arrived in 45 minutes and some of our order was forgotten so we reminded the waitress what we ordered and she just said "okay" and brought it later. I had the Lobster Benedict and that was the wrong choice in Hawaii I guess (even at the ridiculous price they charge). The rest of my day did not go so well and I should probably not go into details. I can find no reason to go back to this restaurant as the service was the worst I have experienced in quite a while and the food was less than spectacular, and maybe even terrible in the case of the Lobster Benedict. I can get that view just by walking around Waikiki.

2  Thank John R

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Longhis is a delightful place. The restaurant space is attractive and provides great views from all tables: park, ocean and on a friday, fire works. The atmosphere is vibrant with a friendly feeling moderated by a sophisticated sense of respect for the guests tastes and privacy. The room is long and narrow so that tables and booths all have views not only within the restaurant, but also through large window/openings in the outer walls so that all tables are the natural air and view over Ala Moana Park out to the ocean. The reception staff greeted us attractively, found us an excellent table - small and round for optimum contact and conversational comfort for the four of us. The server was animated, friendly, efficient, communicative, well informed and in a gentle way offered recommendations. Others on the team likewise. The pupus were a nice treat - 8 small raps that arrived immediately with a conservative flourish. There was no "high you guys" or "enjoy" (that cloying and boring admonition in some restaurants). We ordered wine, two different salads and two different entrees - really excellent. The experience was totally satisfying from entrance to exit at the end of a very pleasant evening. Each couple shared its choice of salads and entrees. The fish - onaga with grapes and the veal scallopini were excellent. We - always mindful of eating reasonable amounts - stayed, shared dessert and had coffee, and annoyed staying. Any compulsion to leave, if any, would have to be based on an urgent matter outside the restaurant. We look forward to returning.

Previously - 6 months before - one of us came to Longhi's Ala Moana with a 2004 Olympic boxer friend and his beautiful wife for a scrumptious sunday brunch. Then too it was a highly recommendable experience.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

enjoyed every morsel...pricey but you get what you pay for, the atmosphere is beautiful and puts you in the mood of Hawaii. Servers are knowledgeable, I visited more than once and enjoyed both times.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Haven't been here for several years, so I thought a we'd stop by. Good was still very goo, waiter and staff were friendly and attentive. My wife had the I fresh opakapaka and loved it. I had the steak a la palm, it was very tender, just a few too many red peppers for my taste. Everything is a la carte, so side a and veggies cost extra and make it more expensive overall. Had the Carmel fruit and ice cream dessert...oh my God..melt in your mouth good.
Overall, a very enjoyable experience, just not one to have every weekend.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We just returned from our Hawaii vacation and decided to enjoy a nice dinner on our last night. Longhi's was suggested to us and we made a reservation in advance. Hostess was very nice and gave us a lovely table. Our server was a b*t*h! She was competent enough, but when you're spending $$$ on a nice dinner, I expect a pleasant experience. We were made to feel 'stupid' for asking questions and because they don't list their pasta dishes on the menu, we wanted to know what was available.....she rattled them off so fast and seemed annoyed that we wanted pasta.....it was weird and uncomfortable. Would not go back.....

1  Thank Bonnie40