“6 of 5 rating for Tiered Chirashi!”

Yoshitsune Restaurant
Ranked #251 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Waikiki
“6 of 5 rating for Tiered Chirashi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Of the countless number of Japanese restaurants I have eaten and used the classic chirashi dish as my index for how good can the staff handle the basics (the type of dish I order at every business meal opportunity), this restaurant takes it ALL THE WAY HOME. 11 of 10 rating or for TripAdvisor, this would be 6 of 5. My experience with spouse and 2 kids were perfect, included relaxing music, well-lit resturant that i could see everyone including the waitresses clearly, well-spoken Japanese "grandmother" like woman who tended to all of our needs, and amazing, beautifully presented and delicious chirashi. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Perfectly warmed green tea, very family-friendly experience, and the waitress offered us complimentary ice cream for our whole family (even though it was only included as part of my spouse's combo). I have never tasted such delicate tuna, well-balanced abalone, and perfectly seasoned sushi rice. This gem of a restaurant is hidden inside the Park Shore hotel. This is the type of experience only to be found in Japan (we were there and have a reference for comparison!) that brought hours of smiles to my face. This is now my #1 chirashi place of all time and the new gold standard. If you want the truly authentic Japanese restaurant experience and quality, this is it. Enjoy. (the children's soba and my spouse's combo were also presented to perfection).

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We love Japanese food so having what looked like an authentic restaurant in our hotel lobby was very handy. Lucky for us it was also great food and service.

The staff are Japanese and speak it a lot, especially if they think you do too (I do only a little). The menu mat need a little explaining if you're not familiar with Japanese meals.

The udon was delicious, the salad dressing was home made, and the yaki tori sauce was amazing.

There also seemed to be locals eating there, which is a good sign for a tourist hotel restaurant!

I'd highly recommend this one if you'd like a Japanese meal whilst in Waikiki.

“OMG! Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

They were closing but served us anyway. They are friendly sweet people. The sushi was delicious and they have giant clam, live octopus, and sea squirt. The teriaki chicken was the best we have ever tasted. The tofu and house dressing is homemade. first restaurant we tried and set the bar high for the rest of our stay.

El Paso, Texas
“Best Bento box meal ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I eat a lot of Japanese and get Bento box meals when possible. This was the best ever, so I went back a second time. You can choose your grilled fish option, and it comes with literally a sampling of everything else. Good selection of pickles and savories; and you get soup, salad, rice, tea, and ice cream included. I ate a few things that I'm not sure what they were but they sure tasted good. Very busy place to get there early for lunch or dinner; mostly Japanese clientele.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank rotator101
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing food - one of the best parts of the Park Shore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. The service, food and value are all outstanding. I could sit here and describe the joyousness I felt with each bite, but you should probably just go eat there yourself and see what the fuss is all about.

Visited January 2014