“Good Ramen Place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed June 3, 2014

It opens till 11 which makes it a good place for late dinner after a whole day long tour. But there is only one or two people serving in the restaurant so you really need to wait even there are seats available.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

When this first popped up in my search for local restaurants in Waikiki, I was befuddled. I only knew Ramen as a cheap meal in college when you could afford nothing else. After seeing the reviews, I walked past all the chumps waiting an hour in line to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, and found my way to a seat at the bar in this delightful little place. Per the other reviews I'd read, I ordered the ox tail ramen. Ox tail is not a mistranslation or euphemism. There are actually the tail joints from a cow hanging out in this dish. It was delicious though. The broth, the noodles, everything about it was good.

One interesting thing to note: if you get grossed about by slurping, you may want to avoid this place. The natives come here to enjoy the fare, and slurping the noodles is considered a sign that you are enjoying your meal (and it cools down the noodles and broth as you eat)!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I trusted the Trip Advisor reviews to guide me to this ramen house. The line-up at the door confirmed why the rating is so high. I had never been to ramen restaurant before and was unsure what to order. The atmosphere was laid back and it was comfortable to ask other patrons what they had ordered. I love many different types of soup. This was over the top. I ordered the Hakata Ramen. The broth is absolutely amazing. We returned a week later and the quality was just as great. Someone asked me what I would recommend. I felt like a regular! Great place. You won't regret it!

1  Thank EmmaGSD
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The line out the door was a bit intimidating at first, but oh! Worth every minute of it. Ramen from Japan and gyoza too....hard to find that "taste" in th U.S. and if you are a lover of really good and authentic flavors, then this is a must.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Arrived in Honolulu past 11:30 am and by the time we got settled in it was almost 1:30 pm and we happened to pass by this ramen house, it was full and we figured why not?
Like typical ramen house in Japan, you have one person manning the counter that sits around 10 to 15 persons but this ramen house can sit 20 pax. The soup base they have are Miso, Shoyu, Shio and one that is not familiar to us is Hakata.
I tried Hakata and after tasting it, I know the taste, for me I know it as tonkotsu, coming from Fukuoka region, I had better tonkotsu from other places but the miso is good and would recommend it.
They have combo consisting of gyoza, fried rice and a choice of ramen, the fried rice has no taste but the gyoza is not bad.
Oh if you will try this place bring cash they don't accept credit cards.