“MSG soup.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ox Tail soup or MSG soup?
I just wonder how much Ajinomoto they put in a bowl of Ox Tail Ramen.
I think too much MSG in the soup. Drowsy, Thirsty and Headache
Also they should learn how to make noddles again in Japan.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We discovered this little gem several years ago and since have come here on each visit. All their ramen all good, but the specialty is the ox tail. The full meal comes with 3 pieces of gyoza and a bowl of fried rice (hubby loves their version). Of course, I'm a lighter eater, so I go for just the ramen. They also serve the ox tail soup w/o ramen so you can get a bowl of rice with it if that's your thing. Slurp away and enjoy!!! Oh, do go at non-peak hours or you'll be waiting in line. Its a small place with bar seating about 20 spaces.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Spent a few days in Honolulu on our honeymoon. Everytime we walked by this place there was a small line out the door. We thought, that place must be good! We went one afternoon around 3pm and were able to snag a couple seats without waiting. I had the spicy ramen and it was amazing. I have had a craving for ramen now for the past 4 weeks. I wish we had a noodle shop back here at home! If I am ever back in Honolulu I would stop here in a heartbeat. Not sure how the prices compare to other Ramen places, but compared to everything else in Honolulu I felt it was a great value. The gyoza was also delish!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I walked by this place 3 times while in Honolulu. Each time there was a queue of people waiting to get in. On our last day there we decided to have an early dinner and got our seats right before it filled up.

Tried the gyoza and ox-tail ramen. Both were very good. I'd go back but would try something different.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

There was a bit of a line out the door at around 7pm on a Friday night but it goes quickly considering there are only about 15 - 20 seats in the tiny restaurant. My husband and I both ordered the ox-tail ramen special. The noodles were the perfect size and texture. The broth was rich in flavor and the ox-tail fell off the bone. This will definitely be a place I return to the next time I'm in Waikiki.