“Old Hawaii Atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Mariana Restaurant & Bar

La Mariana Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #55 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Hawaiian, Polynesian
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
vancouver
“Old Hawaii Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Went for dinner as a family of four. The drive to the restaurant is part of the experience - in a poorly-lit, semi-industrial area by the shore. Found the small sign on the chain-link fence so we knew where to turn. Loved the open-air seating, tiki masks and colored lights. Background live piano music added to the experience. Food is fairly standard and we enjoyed the eggplant-seafood specialty. Definitely a place to visit on any Oahu trip.

1 Thank dsj22

Seattle Metro Area
“Cheesey Tiki Bar which was fun but food bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We went knowing this was what it was supposed to be, decor wise but I was just so disappointed with my meal. The Zombies were good and overall the value was okay for Honolulu. It is a 30.00 cab ride from Waikiki so factor that in if you aren't driving. My meal of Mahi Mahi was not good. I expected fresh fish and however it was prepared I expected it to be good. It was not. Don t order fish with a 'cream sauce' of any kind at a place like this. I should have known better. Thick gooey almost non flavored white sauce covered my almost all brown piece of fish which looked nothing like what everyone else's Mahi looked like at our table. It appeared to be an excuse to cover up a bad piece. Which by the way also had the skin still on it, which was not the case on the other 3 meals at the table. Yeck. Overcooked pasta AND broccoli and bam, worst meal I have had in years. Cheesey bar or not I would barely have fed that meal to my dog.

Positive note staff was very friendly. And taking Pics by the fake waterfall was a bonus! We went for cheese, we got it. Expected bar food, this didn't come close.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Awesome place! According to online descriptions this is the last authentic tiki bar in Oahu. We went there in the evening for appetizers and a drink. Great atmosphere. They had a piano player and a singer the night we were there. So nice! Service was great. Popular with the locals and not many tourist know about this place for some reason. It is located in the marina three miles away from Honolulu airport.

• Visited October 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Great/unique environment.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went to this hidden gem for a business meeting. Way off the beaten path for tourists, this is a unique/fun environment. We only had the poke, which was fairly good. Decor was a step back in time, and the service was friendly. Unique enough to want to go back.

• Visited October 2012
Hawaii
“Never let's me down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

30 Oct got couple drinks and pupu's here.
I really like this place.
Come here for my birthday.
Requested to come here soon as I got back from Iraq in 2006.
Never let's me down