“One of the best buffets around”

Prince Court Restaurant
Ranked #337 of 2,339 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Ala Moana Blvd.
Sydney, Australia
“One of the best buffets around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the second time in five years. It still is one of the best buffets around. The range of food on offer is so vast that you really are stuffed when you leave. Huge selection of seafood especially crab, sushi, Asian, salads, cooked meats and desserts. I thought the value was very good at $50 pp and our 3 year old eating for free. Our waiter was excellent and very attentive. Will definitely go back again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Antz18

honolulu
“relaxed, comfortable dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Came here on a sunday for brunch with a few family members. I purposely made the reservations for 12:30pm so we could relax and linger a little longer and not feel rushed or hurried. The timing was perfect as we were able to spend 2 hours having a nice casual meal with good conversation.
Our server was always prompt with water and iced tea refills throughout our meal.
The selection of food was very good ranging from breakfast items like waffles, eggs benedict, bacon to fresh sliced fruits, muffins, breads, furikake encrusted ahi, fried rice, poke, raw oysters, clams, shrimp cocktail, maki sushi, fresh made hand rolled sushi, prime rib, an omelet station and various desserts. We paced ourselves and were able to visit the buffet about 3 or 4 times.
Overall, everyone enjoyed this restaurant experience and I would definitely recommend it to others, especially to go during the 2nd seating.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank happyhawaiian004
Pinole, California
“One of our favorite buffets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

One of the better brunch buffets- we especially liked the hand made- while you wait -sushi-worth standing in line for. Better quality than most buffets (we have been to most of them). My mother loved the bread pudding and sauce. Staff was friendly and checked on us constantly to refill our glasses (something lacking in most of the other places) and when they found out that it was my parents wedding anniversary - they were treated to a tasty flourless chocolate cake slice with sauce and a wafer of chocolate and small Happy wedding anniversary deco. This is one of our favorite brunches in town and we have gone there repeatedly this year for special occasions. There is a good selection of things to choose from and there is not the crush of people and bland food of the other brunches that are heavily advertised -so you do not feel compacted in and they are not rude about telling you to hurry up and leave. Nice view of the yacht harbor. Our veteran's volunteer get together we had there was very enjoyable also (which is more than i can say for 90% of the buffets around because of the friendly staff and great tasting food and atmosphere) and them letting us have a leisurely holiday get together. Note: one of our volunteers' told us that they they have a new head chef- and it shows.

• Visited September 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“It's NOT fine dining!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

O.K., I really do not do bad reviews for restaurants unless they need help, and this is one of those times. I had dined for many years at the Prince Court on Maui, which was always set aside as a premium dining experience: which it was. I expected more in Waikiki, where the competition with Morimoto and Nobu would be tougher. But what I got was brilliant white light cafeteria-style dining. Where was the mood lighting? I had a New York steak and lobster combination dinner that is much better at the Outback than here. Well, now I know. Staying at the Waikiki Prince Hotel was a delight, but the food? Not so good. The buffet was examined by my wife: her report was that it did not look all that great. She is a good measure of fresh fish and such, so I dined off the menu.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank HonoluluHistorian
“Definitely worth the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

There was a wide variety of food, and I was able to fulfill my lifelong dream of eating as much shrimp tempura as I wanted. The fried food is a little soggy at first, but after they bring out a new platter, the food is satisfyingly crunchy. The food is delicious, and there is a wide variety.