“Good gluten free thai near Waikiki”
Review of Phuket Thai McCully - CLOSED

Phuket Thai McCully
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was good thai food for a reasonable price. Although their menu doesn't specify gluten free items, my wife has coeliac disease and she didn't suffer any adverse symptoms (thai food is usually one of the safer bets for GF).

1  Thank 4leaf1981

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Killer and spicy papaya salad and tomyum was amazing. We try other Thai restaurant on the island and find nothing as good. Service was very friend and detail. Can't wait to visit again soon.

1  Thank Tano P
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a nice moderately priced dinner and we stumbled on this Thai gem. The service was friendly and attentive, food was reasonably priced with great flavor. I went with drunken noodles, my wife the rice noodle salad. My dinner was good, hers I'd say was great. Be careful with the spice though, I guess mild in Hawaii is a bit spicier than mild is on the east coast! Try this place, you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've never tasted anything so delicious. They called it chili lime garlic with beef, shrimp, or other choices. The description of the components doesn't do it justice. Served on a bed of cabbage and topped in my case with beef. The taste is a remarkable sweetness and a delicious texture. Every time I go there, I ask for the recipe, but alas...And I finish off the meal with a dish of warm tapioca. This is a place you need to try.
Jim

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Six of us decided to try Phuket Thai McCully and we were so happy we did. The food was excellent, especially the garlic stir fry that the waitress recommended. We ordered it with shrimp but, next time will order with fish. (We later learned from the waitress that at one time, this dish was on the menu as an accompaniment to fish.) This dish, to me, was a WOW dish. The other 5 dishes we ordered were also very good. Dinner came out to $15/person, which included tax and tip which I think is very reasonable for what we got. Plus the restaurant was not very crowded (we had reservations for 5:00 p.m.) so didn't feel rushed and enjoyed our girls night out. Parking was not a problem, but that could be because we were early for the dinner crowd.