“Tofu past it's best before date!”
Review of Phuket Thai McCully - CLOSED

Phuket Thai McCully
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I walked to the Phuket Thai on McCully from Waikiki which was very convenient! We had never eaten there before but it was recommended by friends. We looked at the menu and order Phat Thai with Tofu, Eggplant with tofu and calamari appetizer. The calamari was good, I've had better. As soon as I tasted the Phat Thai I knew there was something wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it. I ate a little more and realized the tofu was bad! Tried the eggplant dish but after the Phat Thai I was very weary of the dish. Not sure if that was bad or not but at this stage I didn't want to risk getting sick. I told the waiter he was very nice and he went to talk to the chef. I heard someone from the kitchen say "throw it all out"! He came out to tell me that yes the tofu was bad and the chef apologized for this. They took the price of the Phat Thai as well as an order of rice off the bill.
The service was good but I did suffer the consequences of eating the bad tofu. We will not be returning to eat at this restaurant.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Phuket Thai has an assortment of the usual Thai dishes, with unusually clear and distinct spices and herb flavors. The menu is relatively short for a Thai restaurant, which is good -- the kitchen does a great job on the dishes offered and doesn't fall into the "we have to offer 100 dishes even if done badly" trap too common in some. Soups are excellent, especially the ginger coconut soup; the curries subtle and varied; and the appetizers are, well, tasty and appetizing! The restaurant itself is in a nice space. It has an understated modern decor and comfortable, easily accessible from Waikiki as well as from the downtown neighborhoods. Service is prompt and friendly, and take out is available

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went on a Saturday night around 7 so parking was a struggle. Even the little known underground garage was packed. It's in McCully Shopping Center which has many shops & dining options. The Thai Elegant with chicken and Tom Yum soup with tofu was tasty. The best thing about this place is the staff. Very cordial and the service was prompt and smooth. They have set menus for parties of 2,3, and 4 with a good selection. Nice ambiance for a busy mall. I will definitely go there again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We are always looking for great Thai food when we travel. We fiured that Honolulu should offer some greaat dining Thai experiences. We were not disappointed. Our benchmark is always the Phad Thai, andwe were not disappointed at all! A great dish. Also the Curry Dishes were well prepared and very authentic. We would recommend this place! It is just a short walk from Waikiki Beach and well worth the visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Bit chaotic, no liquor license yet but 7-11 nearby, deep fryer problem. Still working stuff out here, but food is good. Thai basil very good, green and panang curries very good, spring rolls (deep fryer started working again) good. Fresh rolls with tofu lacked anything of interest like basil/cilantro or something zippy in the greens. Mango sorbet good.