“We love going there!”

New Eagle Cafe
Ranked #1,294 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Honolulu
“We love going there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Love the eggs benedict (on weekends only), the mahi breakfast (great deal), and the prime rib special. We've always been served nicely there and it's a favorite of our family!

• Visited June 2012

Hawaii
“Bad Food, Lousy Service, Don't Go There”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I went to this lousy restaurant on February 20. We hadn't been there in quite a while and thought we would give it a try.

Big mistake.

My wife's breakfast wasn't cooked properly and she had to return it. By the time we got the "servers" attention to find out where her meal was, I was done eating and her replacement meal was cold.

Bad Food, Lousy Service, Don't Go There

We will never go there again.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Honolulu-Dave
The Villages, Florida
“This will be a frequent spot for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

It's the corner diner with some pizazz. Removed from the Waikiki area, but on the way to the airport. Would be a great stop for a pre-plane meal. Menu is diner-like with a variety of selections including Japanese taeshoku, or set meals. There are daily specials. Servings are more than generous at a modest price.
Servers are engaging and clearly interested in providing a positive experience.
The kitchen can be a bit uneven at times, but not so much as to upset.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank johnfjohnston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely disappointed with the quality of the food for the price you pay.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I ordered the catch of the day sandwich, it was more like frozen over cooked fish scraps served on a hamburger bun. Refused the meal. My boyfriend order tonkatsu which he said was good, so in place of the fish sandwich I ordered the chicken katsu. It looked nothing like the tonkatsu. Not only was it over done, but most of the katsu pieces looked like potato chips. You could barely see any chicken between the breading. Would have sent that meal back too, but I just wanted to get the heck out of there. The waiter, being aware of my disappointment, never brought it to the attention of the manager/owner. I did speak to the owner on the way out, but it was already too late, the damage was already done. I will never go back there again!

1 Thank Cascadia6
Santa Ana, California
“What gigantic portions for a low price... this is the place to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

New Eagle has changed its name from "John's", but the same great food and huge portions continue. This is an old established place that the locals go to when they want some good "down home" food, and is a place which the tourist should not miss. The parking lot is in the back and there is lots of space. The prices are low and the food is really good. We highly recommend this happy, "local" spot.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Fatbird1

Been to New Eagle Cafe? Share your experiences!