“ok.... not great”

Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Honolulu, Hawaii
“ok.... not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

so i knew some people was raving of how awesome there duck noodle were..... kept on telling me i had to try it.... its really really good. so i decided to go this week. got to admit, portion wise, it was quite a bit of food. bit expensive though at ~$9. taste wise, it was ok... nothing spectacular. the cold salad and the ginger viniger sauce, was pretty good. nice and crisp on a hot day. duck itself was moist. the noodle soup that came seperate, now that, i wasnt thrilled. they had some bamboo shoot in it, that kind of over powered the soup itself. honestly, duck noodle was ok, but you wont see me coming back to order it again.

Whiterock, B.C.
“delicious food, go for it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

We visited twice on our 8 day vacation in Waikiki, and both times the food was equally delicious.
I particularly enjoyed the shrimp green papaya salad and the seafood crispy noodle dish. Nice sandwiches too, and soup delicious.
They are slightly offhand but, it is efficient, cheap and generous in portion size. A local Chinese vendor and someone walking by recommended this restaurant. Around the corner just off the market opposite the bus stop is a great fresh fruit bubble tea drink place. Try the jackfruit, they base the juicy fruit wrigley gum on this flavor. Yum...

honolulu
“Ono!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

Love the Pho there! And the Iced Coffee!!! OMG, we ate there 3 times this week during lunch hour! The service is super fast. We're hooked.

Oahu
“Leg of Roach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

Went last week and it was pretty good. Went back this week and there was a cockroach leg in my soup. The spoons and dishes feel greasy before you use them. Noticed a cook in the kitchen sitting on the floor preparing food in a bowl.

Food tastes really good and the prices are fair, but I won't be back because of hygiene and sanitation issues. Call me a fussy Caucasian, but this was enough to put me off this place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of the best Vietnamese restaurants I've been to in HI. Though I didn't try the pho, the other traditional...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2008

One of the best Vietnamese restaurants I've been to in HI. Though I didn't try the pho, the other traditional Vietnamese dishes were prepared very well. We had the duck and noodle soup, the grilled shrimp paste on bamboo skewers, and the jellyfish and shrimp salad. I haven't had Vietnamese cooking this good since I moved out of my parents' house. It tastes just like home cooking. MMMMM.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook