“Best Chinese Food in Hawaii”

Little Village Noodle House
Ranked #182 of 2,405 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
“Best Chinese Food in Hawaii”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Little Village Noodle serves the best Chinese food in Hawaii. I have visitors from China all the time and this place serves the best food that local tastes and authentic tastes will enjoy. The prices are very reasonable and the staff are friendly.

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“Authentic food, open late”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Honolulu has many, many restaurants that offer good, down-to-earth Asian fare -- Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese...

The Little Village has somehow carved itself a following. Late nights, you find couples, families, groups of friends coming in for flavorful Chinese food at reasonable prices. We had their steamed fish garnished with ginger, soy sauce and a little oil - very fresh. Black pepper beef was also nice. My friend ordered 'Jah' (sp?) - a traditional Chinese new year dish made up of different mushrooms and other veggies I wasn't familiar with. Tasty.

The restaurant is located in Chinatown and has (limited) parking at the back. There's a guy who plays 'traffic cop' and helps people squeeze in their cars in tight places.

All in all, a good place to check out.

Visited February 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Very Unhappy & Terrible experience ”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

On 27.1.2014, I and my wife dined in the Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, named as "Little Village Noodle House ( 家鄉小館)" . This restaurant charged us by 15 % service charge in the bill (Total bill amount : about US$54).

As it is my first time to Hawaii, I wrongly thought it was the normal. Thus, I paid it also at that time.

However, I find later that the absolute majority of restaurants in Hawaii only charge by 18% service charge if it has 6 or more people to dine together.

I feel very, very unhappy. I must share my said very very unhappy experience in all Chinese websites for their reference while we come back to Hong Kong.

Very, very terrible & unhappy experience for me in Hawaii. I have travelled for more than 30 countries including developing countries, it is unbelieveable this experience was really happened in the advanced countries like USA.

Leslie Yip

Kauai, Hawaii
“Delicious Chinese food”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a great find....the food was outstanding and reasonable. The best was the salt and pepper pork chops. We also had pot stickers which was delicious. The food was not too salty at all and came out very HOT!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 2bumdrifters
Tallahassee, Florida
“Awesome (dependable) place”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Came here with a group for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. We were sat quickly and efficiently. All of our food (excellent) came out at the same time, piping hot. Everyone commented on the overall good service (including constant refilling of water glasses). We had lots of different dishes (family style restaurant, so big portions) and were especially pleased with the egg drop soup. Great for a crowd, pick items carefully if part of a couple or single!

• Visited November 2013