“Great food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Village Noodle House

Little Village Noodle House
Ranked #186 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion, Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Seattle, Washington
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went to this place based on the recommendation of a friend... and I am so glad I took it.

Little bit of a wait (probably more so since it was First Friday) around dinner time. The ambiance of the restaurant felt like you were literally in a small Chinese village.

Two of us ordered pot stickers, honey walnut shrimp, and stir fry mochi. It was plenty for two people. We actually didn't end up waiting that long for our food to arrive (or I was just too busy talking with my friend to notice the time).

Pot stickers - steamed and pan fried perfectly, and very tasty
Honey walnut shrimp - what's not to like about this?
Stir fry mochi - just think regular stir fry, but replace the noodles with sliced mochi balls. Little bit chewy, but still tasty

All I can say about the food, it was delicious, satisfying, and was easy on the wallet. I would recommend this place again

• Polish first
los angeles
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We ordered 3 items-- beef brisket noodles, sesame sauce noodles and fried dumplings. All three dishes were so disappointing we left without finishing most of our food. The food just did not taste Chinese nor good. If you usually order orange chicken when eating Chinese, this place is probably ok for you. The service is good, the ambience not too busy and lots of tourists filling the tables. But tastewise, this is the worst Chinese restaurant I have ever been to.

Visited July 2013
“Let Down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my last visit two years ago but not this time. I enjoy the easy of parking which can be a problem in this area. We ordered the egg drop soup which was awful. It was more like colored water. We also had the orange chicken and honey walnut shrimp. They were better but the portions were tiny. The order comes without rice, thus we ordered two cups of steamed rice. We spent $40.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
RPV, CA
“Good Food, Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food was good, we especially enjoyed the orange chicken. The staff was helpful and efficient. The restaurant was nice, well lit and clean. It was an exceptionally good value, $15 each with drink and tip. We were there at night when China Town was all closed up - as my kids said, the neighborhood looked a little "sketchy", so we were glad that this restaurant was big and bright and clean. Pay parking just next door, but lot is un attended.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“Terrible food, filthy restrooms and ok service= skip it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Not sure how people can give this place such rave reviews! I agree in the past it was terrific, but now it has gone so far downhill that I am afraid I will not go back. We were here at around 9 at night, and should not have stayed, but tried it much to our dismay. They serve water which is nice, but you have to ask for tea and then you only get a small cup. We ordered wontons, and emein with chicken. The wontons were barely filled and were ok, hard to ruin a wonton, however there were no condiments on the table and had to ask for mustard that was so salty it was inedible. The emein was an oily, soggy mass of undercooked blandness with tons of raw ginger, a little bit of chicken some fungus and 5, yes I counted them, 5 peas! There might have been about 6 ounces of food altogether for $10.50! We ate it rapidly and ordered some sweet and sour pork as we weren't satisfied with our noodle portion. The sweet and sour was amazingly pedestrian with canned pineapple! Yuck! This is Hawaii, for goodness sake use fresh, please! The clencher, however was the filthy bathroom, stinky with trash all over the floor. If the bathroom is that bad I can only imagine (sadly) what the kitchen must be like! My advice is skip this place! Service is ok, but that doesn't make up for terrible food.