“3 Slices of Heaven!”
Review of Roy's Hawaii Kai

Roy's Hawaii Kai
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Hawaii Kai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 2,405 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Oahu, Hawaii
“3 Slices of Heaven!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Living on the island, we chose to forgo the "downtown hustle and bustle" and opted for the more serene setting on the bay! Our first visit to Roy's will not be our last! "SUPERB" sums it up! We had no expectations having never been. We were pleasantly surprised at the attention to EVERY detail, from the placement of the linen on the lap to the end of the meal! I chose the "Trio" which consisted of seared ahi, ti leaf steamed opah, and glazed butterfish! Each one melted in my mouth! Each very different flavors and very distinct! Our waiter"s" were excellent, friendly and very informative. We never felt rushed. We made reservations only because it guaranteed us a seat that we actually made at the last minute! It was very sultry downstairs for patio dining, which will not promise to be able to seat you! The AC was nice! View was good, as we were seated by the window on the side. We watched the kayaks training, the buzz below and the sunset! Our delicious meal was topped off by the choc soufflé and their version of coffee cheesecake which is not typical, but oh so yummy! When we called for dress code attire we were told no flip flops or tank tops! When we arrived, while we saw no tank tops, 90% were in flip flops!! We felt a "heart tug" as my husband and father in law and grandson ALL share "Roy" in their names!

• Visited September 2013

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique and exciting food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to Roy's. There were practically two servers waiting on every table, they made sure your drinks were always filled, and courses were brought out promptly after you finished the first one. It was a little loud in the upper seating, so I'd recommend sitting on the lower level if possible--outside would be best :) My boyfriend and I came here on a gift card, but when my server found out it was our anniversary, they brought us out another gift card at the end of the night to use for our next visit!

And I could rave about the macadamia nuts on the mahi all night. Expensive, but for a reason.

Visited February 2013
Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
“Spectacular meal watching the sunset”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were lucky to have had someone recommend this for our special anniversary dinner while visiting Waikiki, and they recommended we leave Waikiki to try the original location. I can't say enough about the delicious food, wonderful service and spectacular view of the sunset over the bay.

Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“Roy's with a view..”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

So nice to get a little break from super buzzy Waikiki and enjoy the unspoiled view from the home of Island Fusion- Roy's. Food is very good, service is excellent and everyone seemed to be celebrating a Birthday. All the fish is super delicious- simple but tasty Hibachi Salmon, Butterfish, Opah, Salads and Dessert. Yum yum.. and I love their addictive spiced Edamame! The only dish that I wasn't wild about was the Abalone Casino and that was because the bacon was a bit overwhelming aboard the rich meat-and I personally like Clams or Mussels prepped like this best.
Worth the drive or Cab to escape the hustle for an easy breezy Dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Rose Bay, New South Wales, Australia
“Stunning”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a beautiful restaurant with so many dishes to choose from . It's best however is its steaks , tender , succulent and divine . Leave room for desert because the choc soufflé is a must .

Visited June 2013